chapter 34: Last Hour of Peace

"/' Thinking

"/" Talking

....
....

It was a place that was so unforgiving, cold, dark, full of malice magic that was foul to the core, yet even in a place that was damned forever, an old archenemy of the world was rising again. It was 200 years since the last Incursion, but even now, that defeat of the armies of the damned was a bitter pillow to swallow. Even more so when they clearly had everything going for them. The main factions were at war, Greek, Norse, Slavic, Hindu and a few other powerful religions were having their work full, with the damned armies, strike and the champions and war-leader of the armies were battling against the god, while their troops faced off against other.Though even still it was for nothing, as the final moments of the catastrophe were about to occur, the army of the Norse and Slavic faction managed to stop them by sending the elite forces to stop or delay the upcoming result. Even if the army that was sent was small in comparison to his, it was still the best he ever faced. 3 elite Slavic units of the South, West and East and 2 units of the Norse, Valkyries, and Asgardian.

All but the commanders of the units were present, though it was not an issue of their non-appearance that was telling him that what he was trying to do was going to end up as a disaster. No, it was that all of them being commanded by the mixed blooded blonde that was in her pristine armor of blood-red dragon scales that was the main problem. For he knew who he was facing, A princess in all but name, a warrior that even if he wanted to scoff at, couldn't, since he knew about the true power that the woman had and that power alone was making him, even for a moment, uneasy. Though, he crushed that thought almost as soon as it appeared for he would not waver in an opportunity to test the steel of his sword against the steel of the finest weapon made by both Factions, as it would be like an insult to his pride as a warrior and the leader of the mighty host.

And with a simple order from both sides, a battle of the Fallen Gates was truly underway. And it was a massacre that would live on for all eternity, as both sides suffered heavy casualties, but neither willing to let up in fear of the result of what would happen if one lost. And in the middle of that gruesome battle, two warriors of equal power traded blow for blow, neither willing to submit, too stubborn to die and to give up. Even when both lost their weapons, they fought with fists, magic, borrowed weapons from the fallen, the battle was too fierce to let up. Though in the end, it wasn't him who had given the final blow to the warrior that was battling, but an assassin from the foul race called the Skaven. Foul creatures that he would honestly wish to destroy but couldn't, as they are also the children of the Foul God's and because of that he had to tolerate their existence for now at least.

Though it was the fall of the warrior that he fought, that almost made the allied army crumble, if it wasn't for an appearance of the 3 mighty warriors that rally them back and spearheaded that fresh assault, and if it wasn't for the reinforcements that arrived from the other battles, he would probably fight all 3 of them if given the chance. But sadly, he knew it would only lead to his death and that was not something that he wished at the time. Though as he departed from the field, he was in pure joy as he saw all 3 of the mighty warriors and other troops seeing a body in crimson armor unmoving, even with the help of the healers from the arriving armies, and the magic supplied by others, they couldn't help. They simply arrived too late, he was sure that his generals did a number on the others and he felt even greater joy even.

But that was 200 years ago, and he was sure that the factions were now a bit more prepared than before, but he also knew that if he gives a bit more time, their focus would be somewhere else and their defenses would be weak to withstand the assault. But he would first need to test the resolve, and to probe his enemy, he didn't want to have a rehearsal of what had happened, and because of that, he called for a meeting with his high-level officers and generals.