Chapter 33: Welcome to the West

[] Ddraig

{} Albion

() Elsha, Belzard

...
...

Soon it was the time for departure and it was led by Arnett and Asuna, who while one was happy to soon see her fiancé the other was grinning like a madwoman at the thought of a few good battles that would soon await her and her team and that brought a low chuckle from her that made a few people step a good few steps away from the crazy red hair.

It took about 4 hours for the newly formed group to reach the border, between the factions, as they were crossing it the group heard the trumpets of war blowing no matter where Issei and his group looked, they couldn't find where the sound was coming from or see where the troops who blown the horns were coming from. That was until they looked at Arnett and Asuna, who were looking up in the sky with one having a huge smile while other had a small smirk on her faces.

Looking up, the group was left speechless as what they saw was a site to behold. At least 50 winged Pegasus, that were decked with all sorts of armor with runs on them, that no doubt protected the mighty beasts from magic attacks. On the back of that beautiful beasts were warriors all in what looked like medieval armor that was also no doubt heavily runed to protect from magic.

As the company of soldiers started to descend towards the group below, Arnett decided to give her charge final info that would benefit them.

"Listen up guys. While both Asuna and I know them very well and are friends. You must remain proper...oh yeah and you need to go through a few exams to see if you can enter their lands. We all did it, so just so you know." Arnett said with a smile as she turned and watched as Asuna flu towards the first knight that landed almost making him fall from the horse from the impact.

"HONEY! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Asuna shouted making a few knights and Arnett laugh out loud at the never boring moment between the Valkyrie and the Winged Hussar, that was struggling to get up.

"I miss you too also dear, but can you let me go? I have a few things to do beforehand." The knight asked making Asuna pout but complied as she helped him up and hand in hand made her way with him towards Issei and his group.

As the duo approach Issei, he could tell that the one who was holding Asuna's hand was the captain of the regiment. His black armor and dual swords on his back were enough to tell him that, while the unit looking from the other soldiers were more spear orientated, this warrior was sword specialist and a good one at that as it was not easy to wield one let alone two.

"Hello and welcome to the western parts of the Slavic Lands. I'm Kazuto the captain of the 33rd Winged Hussar Regiment also known as "Quick Stab" and the one that will escort you to the capital." Kazuto said with a small bow as Issei stepped forward in front of his group with a small grin on his face.

"My name is Issei Hyoudou. Red Dragon Emperor and this is my group." Issei said with a small bow as he introduced the girls one by one to the young captain, who politely introduced himself again.

"Well now that the pleasantries are over let's get down to the business. I heard that you guys are here to talk to Lord Veles. While I would like to escort you there now, we need to do some tests on you so we can know that you are legimetly here for that. Though don't worry it's nothing sever it's a simple process really." Kazuto said making the group nod as he started his tests that were very simple and easy to accomplish and after a few minutes, they were off towards the capital of the West.