Chapter 14: The scar's of the past

"/" Talk

'/' Thinking

.....
.....
.....

After coming inside the living room, Grayfia told him to find a sit and relax while she makes some tea for the three of them as she felt that Lucy was waking up from her sleep. She knew that Lucy was never a sleepy person at that she would sleep for an hour or two max if she was tired.

As soon as Grayfia returned and poured three cups of tea. Lucy entered the room wearing a simple purple top with grey shorts and slippers making Issei blush madly at seeing her. Seeing his face become bright red made Lucy show off her real smile that made him have steam come out of his ears seeing it.

'Her smile is so amazing.' Issei thought as he followed her form.

As Grayfia watched them she couldn't help but not smile seeing the silent interaction between the two youths. She remembered that it was almost the same thing with her, she at first hated Sirzechs but after fighting him almost all the time during the war, her hatred slowly turned into love, the same she now saw in both Issei and Lucy. Only difference is there progress was far quicker then what she had.

"Well, that is something I didn't see in a long time, Lucy. You are smiling again, it's nice compared to your fake one." Grayfia told her as she had taken a sit opposite of Issei.

"Thank you sis, it's nice to be free from those thoughts." Lucy answered as she sat herself beside Issei making both of them blush. Not that both of them minded that they were close. In contrary it made Issei relax while it made Lucy feel secured. Nodding with a smile, Grayfia suddenly turn serious making both of them gulp with a little fear. They both knew that Grayfia won't do anything to them it was still unnerving to see her serious side.

"Now I assume that Issei told you about his story correct Lucy?" Grayfia asked her little sister.

Nodding Lucy answered her. "Yeah, he did, and I can understand why you sent him to help me. You both have my gratitude."

Issei just shook his head at that. "You don't need to thank me, I would do anything to help someone in trouble no matter how much it took."

Lucy turned to look at him and again smiled making him mentally swear to protect that beautiful smile that she head and to keep her safe from anything that would endanger it.

Nodding Grayfia turned to Issei and told him why she has come here.

"Ise, there is a reason why I came here. I know that Lucy most likely tried to tell you why she was in that state but couldn't, so I will tell you. Keep in mind you two, what I tell you doesn't leave this room. Understood?" Grayfia questioned. Steading himself, Issei nodded at her feeling ready to hear what happened to Lucy. As Lucy also steadied herself to hear it from Grayfia's point.

"It all started after the Great War, as three sides were left decimated without their leaders. The descendants of the original Maou's wanted to continue what their fathers started. Seeing that it would lead to the complete annihilation of the Devils race. At first, I was like you, Lucy though that we are the strongest, but as the Anti-Satan Faction formed I started to realize that even if we marched whit our full force and somehow managed to win it would be the worst kind of Pyrich victory. With a completely destroyed race and with nothing to gain out of it. The other factions would pick off the scraps that were left and there would be nothing of us left. Completely forgotten by the history. Though that was after I meet on a field of battle Sirzechs and after battling him for hours and hours I finally understood why he was against the next Great War."