The normal boy.

unedited.

Jungkook, the doe-eyed, not so innocent, but not cruel either, 17 years old, medium height and place skin, cute except if you ignored the dark eye bags he had, and the glasses he wore, with his black short curly hair, was a simple boy, simple as in, that he went to school, came back home, studied around a bit, roamed here and there observing people, and went to sleep. 

His life was normal, but not for him, as he knew what he faced, and what was the truth. 

It comes to the same point, 'Sometimes a thing has more than a single side to it, and sometimes, you don't know what the other is going through unless you live on their behalf.'

Yep. 

Jungkook was not okay. 

Why you might think...? 

Well, because of many things but the most prominent one being, his family. 

His family, included his mother, his maternal grandmother, his father, and a younger sister. They lived in an apartment building, one for middle-class families, and their apartment was on the 6th level. There was almost everything inside the apartment, and yet Jungkook didn't like it here. Why? Because he didn't like the people here, and he didn't have any friends here either. 

Their apartment consisted of two rooms, a small storeroom, two bathrooms, and an area big enough to be converted to a living room. Overall, the walls were washed with a basic cream color, just the living room area had a bluish-green texture. The couches were designer and yet simple. The refrigerator stood outside the kitchen, for it was too small to hold it. The washing machine was kept on one of the three balconies. Jungkook didn't have his own room, even though he was in the last year of high school, and like many others, he needed privacy as well as silence to study better. Alas. 

He, his grandma, and his younger sister, who was in her 8th grade, shared one room at night. His parents, the other. 

Jungkook had what many don't, food, clothes, being able to study in a good enough high school, and a place where he could live, and yet, it didn't help but make the boy suffer from depression and anxiety. 

Yes. 

He had a trauma. He had seen his parents fight, not physical abuse, just verbal, and mostly his mother cried, while his father stayed silent. His grandmother always taunted about how much work she did and yet no one helped her and stuff. His sister, always jealous of him, doesn't matter the cause. She always wanted him under herself, and she mostly tried to irritate him, get on his nerves, and show herself as innocent. 

Jungkook knew, his mother loved him a lot, and he did too, but about his father, he wasn't sure. He didn't know if his father loved him or not, and even if he did, he was bad at showing it and so Jungkook always felt like, he had grown up without his father's love, and mostly felt bad when his sister was treated right, but nevermind, he had his mother, who tried to treat both her children equally. Keyword- Tried. She too was usually sad due to his younger sister.

His father and mother were both working, his mother was an English professor in one of the colleges, and his father was the manager at a restaurant. Yes, they were good jobs, but both parents were usually frustrated. Unfortunately, his father had been scammed, and his mother was distraught, mostly cause she had warned her husband a lot and yet he did not listen. So currently, they had a lot of loans to pay, including the house where they lived, which some would name their 'home', but Jungkook didn't really think that. 

His mother was on anti-depression pills for a few years, and sometimes, at least twice a week, he'd see what he called a 'drama' of his family.  He used to see them shout at each other, his grandmother and mother cry often, and his sister, whom he hated, and due to that, he hated himself.