Coffee.

---unedited.

Jungkook woke up, and did his morning routine which included working on his to-do list, and checking about his classes for the day. He decided not to go to school, and try and study at home because they had a sports competition, and he knew, he wasn't good at sports, even though the usual stereotypes for boys spoke the opposite. 

He told his mother as she was going to her office, and she told him as long as he studies, it'd be okay. That made Jungkook feel more guilty if possible. But he just nodded, and went to his room, glad his sister had school and was getting ready for the same. However, he groaned when he found out a few of his highlighters were missing and so, he checked his sister's bag, as she was brushing her hair, and sighed finding the missing things, wanting to shout at her but knowing he'd be the one who'd be told stay silent, he ignored. 

He worked for a bit and then grew restless, feeling worse seeing the amount of work, and so he decided to step out and go for a walk. 

He grabbed a pale blue hoodie, over his white loose pants, ruffled his hair a bit, wore his sneakers, and glasses, and walked out after picking up his wallet, having his mother give him money to get a few supplies that he needed. 

 His grandmother was sleeping and so he wrote a note and went out. 

...

Jungkook was walking on the side steps of the road, staring around, with his doe eyes beneath the round glasses, and black mask. 

He had earpods on and listened to music, stared around, and observed people. 

It lasted a while until he saw a coffee shop, and walked towards it, thinking of getting a coffee for himself. He was addicted to it, coffee, it was like, his own secret to decrease his stress and give his brain the required boost, even though it lasted just a few hours. 

A ting reverberated in his eardrums even when he had his earpods on, announcing his arrival in the cafe. 

Without looking here and there, he simply walked to the counter, and ordered what he usually did, 'iced expresso'.

The lady preparing his order asked him for his name to which he said, 'Jk'.

'Please wait a bit, sir. Your name will be called out once your order is ready.'

Jungkook nodded and walked over to one of the corner tables, settling down. And that's when he got a call, the screen flashed, 'WWH', to which he chuckled a bit and removed his mask, knowing he won't be able to talk well otherwise. 

Jungkook picked up the call, and as soon as he kept the phone close to his ear, he had to remove it due to the person on another side, literally shouting out loud, 'HEYYYY KOOKIEE!'

'Hello, Hyung. How are you?' 

Jungkook giggled when he heard the other beginning to rap. Kim Seokjin. Jungkook's elder in his last school, the only one who had seen him crying in the washroom and actually heard his problems when his friends had ditched him, provided him with a hug that provided the hungry boy with the comfort he needed. 

Jungkook came back to the present, and frowned, when he saw a masked man looking at him, but he ignored and stood up to grab his coffee, and came back and sat down, 

'Sorry Hyung, I missed what you said. Can you repeat, please?'

'I just asked, Kook, honestly, tell me how are you?'

Jungkook sighed, 'I'm okay Hyung.'

'I know you're lying...kook, you know you can share anything with me, right?'

'Ofcourse Hyung, I know I can share anything with you but you know, some things can't be explained in words, and what I'm going through, unless and until one sees it with their own eyes, they won't be able to understand. It's alright Hyung, I'm doing good, trying my best to stay happy, sometimes things happen...and I face them too...'

'Kook, I'm really sorry, honestly, it feels so bad, seeing a pure-hearted soul like you suffering, don't worry hmm? And also, I'm really sorry, I couldn't talk to you for so long...'

'D-don't worry Hyung, I understand you have exams, oh Hyung, I'll call you later, gotta go for something, take care...'

Jin said 'ok and take care too' and Jungkook cut the call, keeping the phone on the table and looking outside the window, 'I'm not pure-hearted Hyung as you think, I can never be, I'm the one who hurts people and does nothing about it...and I'll have to face all of it, alone...'

Jungkook picked up his coffee, kept his phone in his pocket, and began to walk out, after wearing the mask. 

However he failed to notice that he had dropped his wallet, and the masked man who was looking at him at first picked it up, smirking.