Apology.

---unedited.

How was it possible? Was he dreaming? Was he still sleeping or simply daydreaming? 

Jungkook had his mouth wide open, his eyes reading to dodge out of their sockets, as he stood frozen, staring at the people in front of him, who smiled at him, apologetically?

His parents and his sister.

After what seemed like hours, Jungkook looked at Tae who smiled at him, his thumb moving circles over Jungkook's back of the palm. 

'Come in, please.'- Tae said, as Jungkook's parents entered, followed by his sister, and Tae led all of them to the living room. 

'Let me get the drinks and snacks first.'- Tae said. 

Jungkook wanted to hold the elder close to him tightly, but he simply couldn't, there was a lump formed in his throat. 

'Son...'- his mother spoke, softly, making Jungkook stare in his lap, his feet constantly tapping on the floor, as he waited for the elder to arrive, he needed Taehyung!

Soon enough, Taehyung returned and settled the drinks and snacks on the table, sitting beside Jungkook, and looking at the boy, Tae knew Jungkook was growing anxious, panicking, nervous, and whatnot. 

He held Jungkook's hand, with his other palm holding the tapping knee, making Jungkook stop and look up at him, with eyes that had tears in their corners. 

'Kookie...?'- His mother once again spoke, and as he felt Tae rub his back, Jungkook looked up, at his mother, as if silently motioning her to speak.

'How're you, Kookie?'

'M-m good.'- he replied, biting his lip. He was anything but good right at this moment. 

He saw his mother smile, a smile that didn't reach her eyes, but it wasn't evil, he could see it, a sad one.

'We're here, today, because of Taehyung, and we're here to apologize, son, we realized what we did...including all the things you suffered with, because of us...'- she said, particularly looking at her husband and then at Jungkook who gasped silently. 

'Yes Kookie, the day your father pushed you out of the house and you didn't return, we went frantic. I was about to call the police, when Taehyung, turned up at our doorstep. I didn't know he knew our address, but he straight away asked where you were.'

'I was confused but stressed too because you were missing. However, when he said he knew where you were, I was shocked and surprised.'

'He confronted us, he was angry, you ought to have seen his face that day, I was certainly not able to understand why it was until he admitted, that the person whom you loved, the person whom you were in a relationship with, was him.'

'I was about to push him out of the house, but your mother stopped me, and this gentleman right here, wasn't ready to budge either.'- His father spoke, staring at the ground. 

'I couldn't explain what I felt that moment, son. Taehyung was literally shouting at us about why we threw you out like that until he calmed down and made us sit. That day, he explained how much you were suffering, all the things you thought, your overthinking, your anxiety, your depression, your pain. I'm sorry, Kookie. Because of us, you had to go through all of it. We were so busy working, just to make a good future for you, that we forgot to notice, you needed someone to understand you too, especially when ever since you were born you had seen nothing but our fights.'- at this point, his mother was almost crying.

'I was angry, I admit. I knew that I had to do something, something that included making you all understand Jungkook because I knew, he'd be sad otherwise, forever.'- Tae said, his grip tightening on Jungkook's hand. 

'He showed us, where we went wrong, all too calmly. We all realized and wanted an apology, I wanted to see you immediately, but then, when I asked him, he told me about your accident. Trust me Kookie, it wasn't something I could take, your grandmother had a stroke that day, she's fine, don't worry, but Taehyung simply disagreed to tell us where you were, in which hospital.'

'I even tried to tell him that I'd complain to the police, but he told me he'd complain against us, for emotional harm to you.'- His father sadly chuckled. 

Jungkook looked at Tae shocked. 

'He left, returning after two weeks, until the time all of us realized what our fault was, exactly realizing how much pain and hurt you'd have felt. We asked him to let us apologize to you, but he said you needed time, you were healing, and until you were ready, we'll have to wait. We understood, we waited, and he kept contacting us and giving us updates about how you were doing, but we never saw you, not once, and that made us realize how you might have felt, us being there but not there at the same time for you.'

'He invited us today, and right now, Kookie, we are here to apologize, son...I'm sorry for being such a pathetic mother...'- she cried, sobbing into her hands. 

Jungkook gulped, his eyes tearing up, however, he couldn't control it when he saw his father look up at him with teary eyes. 

'I'm sorry for being such a pathetic father, I always belittled you, and threw insults at you, but trust me, it was all because I thought you were the reason your mother fought with me. You know our views never matched, but...I couldn't see through my own thoughts. I'm sorry...son...'

'And trust me, we realized that being gay wasn't a problem, we were blinded thinking what will the society think of us, blinded because we thought it was wrong, until Taehyung explained it to us, showed us how people out thier are fighting for thier rights, and how love doesn't see gender...we don't mind you being gaym we just want you to be happy, kookie.'

Jungkook released a sob, as his sister came and sat in front of him, on her knees.

'Kookie, I know you don't like being called Oppa, but forgive this fool of a sister, I was always jealous of you thinking you were better than me, just cause you had the hardest subjects, I thought you wanted to show off in front of our parents and outshine me, and even could go out whenever you want. I was blinded by my bad self wanting to keep you in control, that I didn't realize how much I hurt my own brother. I'm sorry, Kookie!'-she said, sobbing profusely. 

It kept like that, his mother or Taehyung explaining how the past scene had taken place. It was all Tae's plan, to make Jungkook move on, and heal, as well as make his family realize what he truly was going through. Sure some would say it was cruel of him to keep a boy away from his family, but looking from his point of view, he did it all for the one he loves.