Acceptance.

---unedited.

Jungkook couldn't see it anymore, his mother had been crying, his sister had been sitting on the ground in front of him, and his father looked down at his feet, tears dropping slowly from his eyes too. 

Jungkook couldn't control it, he let his emotions take over him, and tears prickled at the corner of his eyes, as he spoke for the first time in a while, making the others look up, however, Taehyung who had been constantly rubbing circles on his back, continued it while holding his hand, tightly. 

'I-i...understand that you do mean the apology and that...that you all love me too. I understand that whatever happened, it was mistaken from both sides, mine too since I never spoke about it. I can forgive but it's difficult to forget. Can we...can we have bonding time...and start a better relationship with each other...can we?'- he whispered at the end, looking at Tae, wanting to know whether he was doing it right, and once the elder nodded, smiling softly, Jungkook let a weak smile towards his family, who smiled with their teary eyes too. 

...

They cut the cake, a surprise for Jungkook because he had completely forgotten it was his birthday, everyone wished him, with Tae pecking him in front of the others, on his lips, making him shy, Jungkook got a special art kit from his mother, and a set of books from his father, and he was surprised to see both the gifts. His sister gave him all the candies she could buy from her collected money, and he hugged all of them in return. He told them he accepted their apologies and would try to forget everything, he even promised to meet them this weekend. 

In return, as they were bidding farewell, his mother told him how happy she was to see a person like Tae beside him, and that she would have agreed to it at first if she knew that Tae was his boyfriend because she liked the boy already. Jungkook was smiling ear-to-ear. Once his parents were gone, he jumped onto Tae who held him up, and moved towards their bedroom. They cuddled for a while, which resulted in Jungkook going to sleep. 

...

Jungkook heard a faint ringing, and so he sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning, checking the time, 11:30 PM. He smiled, realizing there were just 30 minutes before his birthday would end. 

However, he frowned when he noticed that there was no sign of Taehyung beside him. Standing up, wearing his bunny slippers, he noticed his clothes had been changed, and right now he was wearing one of Taehyung's sweaters, baby blue, fuzzy, and shorts underneath. He ruffled his sweater paws and then his hair, tiptoeing towards the bathroom to check whether Taehyung was there. 

No. Nope. No sign of the elder. 

Jungkook felt something odd, his gut feeling was telling him something was going to happen, but he didn't knew what, whether it was something good or bad?!