Life Intro

Authors note

Thank you for taking the time in reading my latest book. Please note that I will be updating parts daily, please check in regularly for updated content.

I will appreciate any positive criticism from my readers as I am still in the process of editing.

Cover and images by the author - ©2022 Vernon JB Pohl

Disclaimer

No information in this book contains any professional advice. All information captured in this book is the author's thoughts and experiences of life and Mental health, not that of a professional advisor.

Preface

During the phases of our lives, we rarely notice the minor decisions we make, how these decisions affect our lives, and how those small judgments impact our future and the people near us

Have you ever made unconscious decisions and lamented the decisions virtually instantly? I presume we all have.

Through the years, I have read and listened to individuals declare, "life is what we make of it," I completely disagree with this statement due to what I have mentioned earlier. We make inanimate decisions all the time. Whether these decisions are exemplary or immoral, they constantly influence our daily lives.

I acknowledge that being optimistic and that positivity aids us in perceiving more reasonably, though the dilemma I harbor with this statement, you can't enforce happiness on yourself. Thrusting an emotion is parallel to arming a ticking time bomb, and this bomb is undoubtedly heading for a cataclysm. 

I reconnected with myself, not by obtaining more satisfactory employment or an extravagant vehicle, not by accomplishing what the world expected of me. 

My ticking time bomb discharged.

All the judgments I made in my life, the times I attempted to accomplish what the world expected of me, endeavoring to impress people with temporal belongings that we assume would construct happiness, abusing substances to enable us to forget everything concerning the tribulation of life. We overwork ourselves not to think of the mistakes and disappointments we created in the past. All these and more accelerated the time on my bomb.

Two days after awakening from a coma, I realized that no matter what our decisions may be in life, good or bad, we can't change what we did. We can merely move forward.

I had decided I had enough of this world. I overdosed on a month's supply of mental health prescriptions, over 120 capsules, five classes of medication, depression medication, anxiety medication, anti-panic medication, and other random drugs.

The daily contest to be more reasonable or harbor more belongings than the next was not worth the mental deterioration. While squabbling to be prosperous, we relinquish association with ourselves. 

We ultimately lose the emphasis on what is most important in our lives.

Death had to shock me. Solely through death's grasps had I discovered what life truly signified. While writing this book, I possess nothing but the clothes on my rear, though I have never existed in such an awareness of life as I am today.

My thoughts and experiences of life and mental health will ultimately be portrayed within these pages. I hope that you sense some association with my writing and that you enjoy my work.