Home environment Part M-15

Daily goal - Commit to creating a stable home environment.

Having an unstable home environment can have a massive negative impact on a person's mental health stability, from a child to an adult. Most cases of mental health disorders originate from childhood trauma.

This merely shows us that having a stable home environment is extremely important if we want to heal mentally and minimize mental instabilities in future generations.

I had an extremely personal experience with this specific topic, as I grew up in a house where physical and mental abuse was part of the daily theme. This added fuel to my already unstable mind as family-infused mental instabilities already coursed through my genes, years of abuse and trauma led to my almost demise when I tried to commit suicide and suffered through years of self-mutilation episodes.

I believe that a home environment sets the core for who we ultimately become and how stable we turn out to be.

Relationships are carved within the stability of a home; this lays the foundation for whether a relationship is going to last through the difficulties of daily life or crumble with the foundation that was built to maintain it.

I have experienced this through my own marriage, I only realized after the divorce that I did not know how to create a stable home environment due to what I experienced growing up.

My whole life had been taught only one way, "my way or the high way". I had to rebuild my mindset, unlearn all those unhealthy coping mechanisms and force myself to be alone until I knew how to create a stable home environment and not a toxic or destructive one.

The home is a sanctuary, a place of renewal and leisure, to find oneself after a long day laboring, yet today, I experience people battling daily due to their home environments. This is the sad reality of our life.

You can break this chain brought down through generations, be the link that shatters the damage engraved deep within.

Future generations do not have to suffer due to the damage done by previous generations.