Part 1 Mental breakdown

LIFE

Enduring a suicide attempt may physically be manageable, yet, 

enduring a suicide attemptmay mentally be inconceivable. 

*

Sadly, suicide has consequences that impact every one of us. At some point during this existence, most people have considered suicide. 

Unfortunately, this is a lamentable reality to life, yet, life drags people through perdition till they become incapable of turning back, with nothing to forfeit and no escape from their stupor of being barely conscious. 

Ultimately, the poundage becomes excruciating; the barricades start closing inch by inch.

I was driven to the verge of insanity and reached a point where medication was my sole hope for slumber due to the afflictions plaguing me in my dreams, prescriptions to initiate a day since I had no courage to confront the world. 

A wandering desolate shell that existed bound to survive since the notion of suicide is frowned upon by the world. 

I never wanted to be part of this existence. I desired to understand why I was forced, compelled to exist. Isn't that why free will exists? for us to determine our choices?

I see people focusing their attention on their physical attributes, everywhere new gymnasia are being spread, apparel stores encouraging the lightest material for jogging, or the most innovative sneakers. People don't recognize that mental health is extremely crucial. The mind influences the entire body, and once the mind bars down, the body ceases functioning as well. 

We can smash ourselves with medication to the point of oblivion, yet if we don't focus on our mental health, nothing will enable us to withstand the darkness that can devour us from within.

Being in touch with nature and observing the elements around us are essential to a healthy mental state.

The following are some methods for connecting with the elements that have significantly assisted me.

· On a cool day, I feel the crisp air penetrate my skin as I stand outdoors. On a warm day, the air I respire through my nose heats my entire body. As you stand outdoors to sense the climate, let your senses take control of your physical body, then, in return, the mind.

· Swallowing a glass of water, describe its sensation as it traverses from your mouth to your throat. The sensation of raindrops on your skin while standing in the rain or the shower.

· It can also be delightful and soothing to stand near a fire and feel the warmth infiltrate your skin, warming your body and observing the flames dance as they dance in front of you.

· Standing on grass or sand, depending on what is in proximity, you can remove your shoes and explore the rugged earth. Consider the reality that the surface you are on keeps you grounded, just for a moment, by sensing the earth beneath your feet, between your toes. Let your body appreciate the sensation you obtain from standing on the rugged earth.

Each element retains the potential to be destructive,yet we cannot survive without them. Similarly, our minds operate in the samemanner. If not properly attended to, the mind can become detrimental, but wecannot live without the mind since the body is only a vessel without the mind. 

If not kept in check or balanced, the mind will wreak mayhem upon the body.