Being humble Part 8

Being humble doesn't cause inferiority.

*

I believe I have been humble most of my life, I do convey arrogance occasionally, but most times humble. I am not declaring that we should allow the world to walk over us.

No, that is not what I suggest, I am not expressing that we should be the lesser person or that we should stand back when threatened.

To me being humble is

- When we offer to open a door for someone

- When we are at a table, and an individual has nowhere to sit, offer your chair

- When at a stop street on the road and we offer the other person to go first

- Walking into a room and sincerely greeting the people in the room

The small matters that I am mentioning can make a huge difference. Assuming we are better than others is the opposite of being humble, pushing people out of the way when walking to get to your destination.

Being humble and courteous towards each other simply makes everyone feel better and erases friction. Humility does not make us inferior. In fact, it does the opposite. It makes us better than those who are not humble or stubborn.

No one enjoys being around someone whose ego skyrockets. I suppose people with large egos rarely enjoy being around themselves, this merely enhances an already shattered ego that they hide from the rest of the world.

If you have everything you ever wanted and maybe even more, and you remain humble, you are more humane than most, and I salute you for that.