Eliminating substances and alcohol Part M-10

Daily goal - Recognize and face your weaknesses.

When someone struggles with their mental health, I always recommend they remove substances and alcohol from their lives. From personal experience, I know consuming alcohol or using substances that we are aggravating the problem.

During the darkest part of my life, I had become a full-blown alcoholic and in the end, I tried to commit suicide. Every time I consumed alcohol, I would perform self-mutilation. I would phone everyone I knew and take my anger out on them. Blaming the world for my mental instabilities, instead of healing, I created a situation that could have been manageable.

Waking up in a hospital after being in a coma for two days due to my last suicide attempt, I realized that no one was capable of healing me, the only person that would be able to heal me was me.

In realizing this I changed my whole life around and started my healing process. Don't get me wrong, I still battle with my mental health but I can promise you that my mental health is so much healthier than what it was when I consumed alcohol.

Healing doesn't happen overnight, nor is it easy. Healing takes time and effort, unfortunately, we have to give up on some bad habits on the way to our healing paths.

Eliminating alcohol and substances from our lives is one of the first bad habits that should be getting the boot because using either of the two creates space for self-destruction and not healing.

I used to tell myself that I can control my alcohol abuse, yet I know now that I created this lie for me to believe because I hated the idea of leaving alcohol in my rearview mirror. I loved the feeling of being intoxicated, yet when I woke up full of blood because of the self-mutilation the next morning, I hated myself, every time.

Yet I continued because I kept on deceiving myself.

Till I woke up from being clinically dead and then in a coma for two days.

I knew I had to make changes in my life and yes, I did, I do not regret my decision one day, and I will keep recommending people with mental instabilities to exclude alcohol and substances from their lives because this is a massive step toward healing.

Look at your past and know the strength you have within for still being here, use that strength to exclude substances and alcohol from your life.