A goal set Part 15

A goal set will never be too small, every small goal achieved opens space for success.

*

As a new year starts, we all receive the question, what our new year resolutions are?

The end of January comes and most of us fail the goals we set for ourselves. Why? Because it's too much, too soon, too big of a goal set with no plans in place.

No steps to follow, and overall not enough time is given for accomplishment, and then we detect this as a failure, forget and move on.

There is a proverb, "Rome was not built in a day," which implies that you can't expect to meet your goals by utilizing force. A goal is accomplished by moving one step at a time. Moving at your own pace.

When thinking of avoiding alcohol, rather than simply quitting immediately, it's best to reduce first. Instead of drinking everyday, set a goal to consume limited alcohol on weekends.

When you accomplish a simple goal, the next goal should be easier to accomplish. The main goal is to quit alcohol, right? But to simply quit, is extremely difficult. Break the main goal into smaller portions, from consuming every day to only weekends, weekends to occasional events, and then meet the end goal to your satisfaction.

Eradicating alcohol from your life is our ultimate goal here.

Starting a business, no one will simply start building and open doors with no plans in place. The main goal is to have a successful business.

Start by planning, financing, marketing, and employing employees, simply a few examples.

The main goal will be met with time and patience, planning and breaking the main into smaller goals that are easier to reach.

As you can see, when the goal is set, and there are no plans set or breaking up of the main goal, the goal is bound to fail. It's easier to give up when we feel it's impossible to accomplish.

In reality, it's not impossible it's simply too much too soon.