The willingness to change Part 18

The willingness to change can only come fromwithin

*

Change? Why would I want to change? We are perfect are we not?

Everyone wishes they could change something in their lives, might be something they did, something about themselves, something in the world, or simply how they perceive the world. No matter the reason, we all have something we would want to change.

There are multiple episodes in my past that I would love to change, but I can't. The past can't be changed, but our futures can be transformed for the better. No one can change any circumstances for us, only within ourselves can we find the strength to change for the better.

- When we come from an abusive household, we tend to be abusive adults, either physically or emotionally.

- When we come from an alcoholic household, we tend to struggle with alcoholism as adults.

- When we come from emotionally unstable households, we tend to be emotionally unstable as adults.

Only from within ourselves can we find the strength to be more than our past, to overcome what we have witnessed and experienced in our lives.

Whatever trauma, bad memories, bad choices, mental struggles, or rage we keep hidden inside, we can be the only ones who can change ourselves for the better, for a better future.

Help from family and friends always assists with positivity and strength, but no one can change our mindsets except us. I still struggle every day of my life, I fight with myself to muster the courage to face the world, but I do try every day to be better than the day before.

My family has helped me massively during my darkest days, but they could not help me mentally, only I could overcome the trauma.

Never forget who you are and don't change for anyone but yourself. If some traits are unhealthy for you, then only you can change those unhealthy traits.

Just an example, alcohol was one of my biggest downfalls in life, I lost everything and everyone due to alcoholism, everyone around me attempted to get me to stop, warned me, but I did not listen because I believed alcohol helped me to forget.

Only when I saw and realized what alcohol had done to me, could I get the strength in myself to quit. Only within myself, no matter who tried to help, only within myself could I stop and look around, seeing what I have become.

Then and only then could I get the strength to stop.