Distance Negative individuals Part M-20

Daily goal - Understand the purpose behind negative emotions.

We should surely assist one another in growing through difficulties and subduing the turmoil of mental struggles, yet what should we do when we are not strong enough to carry ourselves through difficult moments, and still someone seeks our strengths to assist them through their difficulties?

From my personal experiences, I have learned that during difficult times it's best to distance ourselves from negative people, as forcing ourselves to associate with a negative individual just adds extra strain on our already fragile minds.

It is not a matter of being selfish, it's just that in difficult times we need to remain positive and strong as we go through the battle within, if we allow negativity from outside sources to enter our minds it will only further weaken us. We need to protect ourselves from being hurt by others and also protect ourselves from hurting others.

In moments when I slip into a state of depression, I feel like my whole world is falling apart and that I am no longer able to function as a normal human being.

During these moments I start blaming myself for all my problems, I look back at old memories trying to figure out what went wrong in my life, that has led me on this path towards destruction.

I wish there was an easy way to say how you should deal with negative emotions such as these, but there isn't one, everyone deals with them differently, and everyone has their own way of coping with them, but what works for me is understanding why they occur in the first place.

It is natural to experience negative emotions because they help us learn more about who we are and what direction we wish our lives to take, but when we don't understand their origin or how they affect us, then they can become destructive forces in our lives that lead to destruction or instability on already unstable terrain.

We can not deal with these emotions and simultaneously battle with other external emotions.

I am not saying that anyone should go and write the whole world off and sit in a dark room, life should continue as normal, but without the negative influence associated with some individuals.

By doing this you are giving yourself time to fully heal and replenish yourself before taking on an external negative influence.