Our existence Part 24

Our existence is but a blink in time.

*

Consider this scenario, really think about it. The earth we call home is 4,543 billion years old, and humans, as we know them today, are about 200,000 years on earth. An individual human lives an estimated 80 years. If we take into account all this information, we as individuals are but a blink in time.

I concluded that no one, no matter where we are from or what we do, no life is better than the next. For the simple fact that we are born, and we perish as our ancestors have done for the last 200,000 years.

All we as individuals can do is to live a life full and happy, love those around us, and endeavor to make a difference in a broken world, even if it had not been broken by our hands. Live each day as if it was our last, enjoy each meal as if it was our last, and love family as if it was the last time we saw them.

I know it's a grim way of looking at life, but take it from someone who stared death in its eyes and lived to tell of it.

Life is short, and our existence is but a blink on the timeline that earth revolves around. Leave a footprint for future generations, and be an example for those to come.

Find something that you are passionate about, and do what makes you hopeful in life. Whatever you find that makes you happy, embrace it. If the world grimaces at your passions because it's not according to social standards, well then, let them frown, because at least you found something that makes you happy and content with yourself.

The day that we lay on our death beds, we must be able to look back on our lives and say "we did what we loved, and that gave me a full and passionate life." No regrets! Just the satisfaction in the knowledge that we lived.

As you are there now, wherever you are, look at your life and ask, did you leave a footprint for future generations to see? I am not talking about material belonging like your car or house you own. Those things can be ripped away from you in a moment, before you even caught a glimpse.

I am talking about knowledge, no one can rip knowledge away from you.

Pass the knowledge that you have accumulated over time on to others. For example, when you pick up a book to read, the book you are reading was written by someone with the knowledge they accumulated in life.

The movie that you watched was created by someone. There are so many examples out there. What I am trying to express is that the knowledge to create can never be taken away, footprints left for future generations, creations that will be seen after the creator has passed on.

In our short existence, we need to create something to leave behind, we need to leave something behind so that we may not be forgotten like sand blowing in a storm, like something dumped in the trash and forgotten.