Emotional decision making Part M-18

Daily goal - Investigate your personal emotional decision-making experiences.

Because we are emotional beings, every decision or thought we have would most probably be destructive or negative, this is known as negativity bias.

Rather than embrace a situation through mental understanding and thinking, we become negative and impulsive.

Don't get me wrong, emotions are the building blocks of human existence, I just believe that our emotions can also be the reason for the mental instabilities we face.

Take a new relationship for example, we crash blindly into a relationship due to our emotions without contemplating all the variables of the person we are letting into our lives. In the end, we become emotionally traumatized, and our mental states get bombarded and deteriorate because we never thoroughly examined the person. We simply open our hearts.

We blindly take decisions from an emotional standing point, and then the aftermath is explosive, we disregard our mental states due to our emotional decisions.

Taking on a new job for the extra income without considering the impact that this company will have on your mental health, purchasing a fancy new car because it fuels an emotional euphoria, but not considering the mental stress the monthly payments will cause, and overconsuming unhealthy treats because this boosts emotional euphoria instead of considering our mental wellbeing.

These are just a few examples of what we do to our mental health when we make emotional decisions.

Take a moment and look back on some of the moments that affected your mental health the most, Were the negative effects of your decisions due to emotional decisions? Or did you sit and truly think of the consequences this action would have on the mental state.

Each decision we make daily has some form of consequence, this might be positive or negative, it might be today or next year, in the end, the consequence of our decisions will come. Just be sure that the decision you made at the moment is what was best for your mental state.