Chapter 2

The atmosphere the next morning was very tense, thoughts only on the missing person who normally was the first to breakfast.

"Could you pass me the cranberry jam, please?" her father asks dedicating the question to Celine.

"Sure." That was the only thing she could say. The entire morning, she hasn't even smiled once and when she went to check on her brother, he wouldn't open the door or even answer any of her questions.

"Darling have you prepared everything you need for school today?" her mother asked.

"Yeah, I did. My bus comes in 5 minutes, I should probably head to the bus stop now." Celine tells, trying to lighten up the mood with the best smile she could do. Sadly, it had the opposite effect, resulting in her mother's answer "We will call the principal and each parent after we talked to you again, I promise. Now get up and don't miss your bus, little lady!" Celine stood up, kissed her parents each, and stormed out of the house.

The bus today wasn't as empty as yesterday evening but it still was as dark outside. On every school day, she has to leave at 6.45 o'clock which makes her ride to school more fascinating in a way for her because most of the children are still tired and don't make much noise.

She leans on the window, imagining herself back in time. Sometimes she's friends with a famous philosopher of Roman antiquity who has long conversations with her, other times she imagines how it would be to live in ancient Egypt. Daydreaming about these things makes Celine happy and despondent, knowing she could never have a real experience of historical events. They will always be just dreams nobody could make come true.

In no time the bus had reached their destination and Celine had to go to the first period, luckily history.

"Hey girl, OMG you can't imagine who invited us to the party of the year that will take place tonight!"

"First of all, what are you even talking about Alina? Secondly, what do you mean by us? I can't recall ever wanting to go to a random party which is only seen as an excuse for teenagers to do drugs."

"Oh, come on, I swear not many will do drugs." At that statement, Celine looked with skepticism at her friend.

"Ok fine, yeah you're right but the party will be at Michael's house this time because his parents won't be home this weekend. You just have to go to finally talk to him, so I can start planning the wedding."

"You're so funny, ha...ha...ha... Do you see how much I'm laughing" Already hating the conversation Celine wants to stop it by telling her friend to turn around because the history teacher is talking about the curse of the pharaoh.

"Celine, please" Alina necks her feet, trying to get a reaction from Celine.

Nothing.

Alina tries again, now throwing paper balls in her way.

Celine eventually turns around. Facing her friend. "The answer to your question is no, I will not go to this party. And now pay attention to the teacher!"

"It's said that people who disturb a pharaoh's tomb, will be cursed. That's because their graves are protected by magic to keep away intruders. Can you believe that before in time it was forbidden to practice magic? There even occurred executions for people who practiced it if it wasn't strictly allowed. But these executions were a rarity." The teacher explains.

Whispering to Celine Alina pleaded "Please come with me to the party. I swear if you want to go after half an hour, I won't convince you to stay any longer. Then we both can go to my place and watch some boring historical documentation."