Chapter 15 🌶

She doesn't know for how long she has been walking or where she even was. But from all the walking her feet began to throb immensely, making it almost impossible to keep going.

She needed to take a break, at this point she didn't even care to look if some venomous animal is right on the spot where she was about to sit, luckily there wasn't one, otherwise it would have been a pain in the ass - in the literal sense.

At least the sun was about to set and the high temperature started to sink. Celine's water bottle was already empty while she was still in the middle of the desert, without a clue if and where the next village or city is.

She should have followed the river nil, but that option was too late anyways.

Celine hasn't stopped breathing heavily, and her lungs were not supplying her with enough oxygen.
It could have been from tiredness or overexertion but it didn't even take a minute before she passed out.

Eventually, in her sleep, she could feel a presence close to her. She wanted to jump up because something about the presence made her shiver all over her body.

Fluttering her eyes lightly open, it was dark already - still she could identify a man in a dark suit hovering in front of her.

"Well well well, who would have thought I'd see you laying on the sand like a corpse on our next encounter."

"Blade?" it came out breathless and dry, a voice of a dehydrated person. She couldn't even recognize her own voice anymore.

He stood up and offered his hand for her to take. It's the second time he wore his black gloves. Celine didn't want to admit that but the last time she saw him with these on, she found that they looked pretty hot on him. But she wouldn't ever admit this to him. Not taking her eyes off his hand, she noticed she had obviously stared too long because now he grew impatient.

"Cinderella, you can take my hand, I won't hurt you... at least for now." He added the words but they were more sounding like a whisper. His expression exposed him that he couldn't believe that he had just said that loud enough for her to hear.

Not daring to look Blade in the eyes and keeping to staring at his big and strong hand, she eventually took it hesitantly, not fully believing in his promise.

The moment she was standing upright, she almost fell again. If it wasn't for Blade who caught her arms on reflex and didn't let go to make sure she was steady enough to stand. He should have stopped holding her because she regained enough strength to stand on her own, but he didn't. It was as if his hands were practically glued on her.

"You look so awful right now; I almost pity you and that comes from a demon king." It could have been a hallucination but did he just make a joke? Celine could also have sworn that he had a tiny smile on his face for a millisecond.

"Why are you even here? I thought you would only come if I called for you to surrender."

"Be glad that I am here, otherwise you would have lain there for much longer until a traveler coincidentally found you."

Now Celine dared to finally look up at him, meeting his glowing red eyes.

They were inhumanly captivating. But also, was his angel-like face.

"Blade." It came out desperate.

"Yes, Cinderella?"

"Stop calling me that," she demanded, hating the nickname.

"Not a chance in hell. What is it that you want to ask me? I see it on your face that something is nagging you."

"What exactly do you mean by a demon king?" it blurbed out of her.

The deal with the devil - Fear the devils series book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara