Chapter 3

Not even getting to the parking lot which was one block away, they were able to see some party lights and could hear the music. Celine wondered why no neighbors haven't already called the police yet. They had to be either bribed or be deaf, Celine explains to herself.

"The party can only be the best ones thrown in decades!" Alina says in an exaggerated tone.

When Nathan parked the car, Celine was the first to get out of it not knowing what she achieved with her action. Alina and Nathan eventually approached her and they walked to the party Celine was forced to go to. She hoped she would be ignored the entire night... no she wants her crush, Michael to notice her.

The house was 2 times bigger than Celine's house and looked like Michael's parents are stinky rich.

That's no mystery, in the past, she has staked his social media and that of his family. In her defense, she did that as a result of much free time and a kind of obsession with him.

Some of the party guests gathered around in the garden, especially around the campfire, drinking alcohol and laughing pretty loudly. Celine would rather turn around and leave but Alina is right behind her as if she could sense her escape plan. When they reached the open entrance to the house where some good-looking guys were passing Celine, she knew it was too late.

"So, wanna dance, or do you want to sit on the couch to accommodate to the new atmosphere first, Celine? Because my boo and I go straight to dancing." Alina states glancing at Nathan with heated looks.

"You know what, I probably want to sit down first, then I will join you if that's ok." Celine lies but makes it look like she was serious. "Should we bring you a drink?" Nathan asks Celine barely acknowledging him.

"No, thanks. Go and have fun." Celine smiles slightly and goes up to the couch that is in the living room.

The music gets deafening loud, every second someone bumps into her which makes her decide to change plans and get up. Going to Alina and Nathan isn't an option for her. In the end, Celine decides to go up to the next floor because no one is heading there as it seems and she needs a quiet place to wait for the 30 minutes to be finally over.

The corridor there was much quieter with no soul to be found which gave Celine enough space to breathe again. As curious as she is about her crush's home, she decides to spend her time going into every room to see if Michael's been taken care of well, she tells herself over and over again to make her actions not seem like being a stalker or weird at all.

The first room she walks into looks like a child's room. Probably Michael has a sibling. There are many dolls and little figures of horses in the middle of the floor. Celine doesn't dare to switch the lights on to not draw any attention if someone like Michaels is in the yard and looks up just to see somebody decided to take a tour of his house without permission. Celine slowly closes the door and heads to the next one, a large bathroom that could be confounded with one of a royal. There are no windows so she turned on the lights without remorse.

She spent around 5 minutes there inspecting everything and concluded that this bathroom was a bad remake of the design in the Baroque and was about to go to the next room when she was about to open the darkroom, she could hear moans coming from it.

"Hey, pervert, close the damn door!" called a female voice.

Celine slammed the door shut and ran down the stairs again. As far away as possible from the guys, Celine interrupted in their act.

Thinking about that Celine swore to never go up the stairs when she goes to a party again... What is she even thinking? There will never be a next time not only of what she has seen tonight. Now she is where she was at the start. The music was louder than ever, people practically hugging each other but no sight of Alina or Nathan to force them to drive her back home. She couldn't do anything other than walk around.