Chapter 23

The next morning

Celine was startled awake by a throbbing between her legs. When everything fell into place, she turned to look around but couldn't recall what had happened.

She had sex with a demon, it dawned on her.

She became queasy at the thought. She was eager to leave her as soon as possible. It was useless to search the floor for her garments because they vanished.

Was she to leave the house unclothed? She scanned the room frantically, looking for her clothing or anything wearable when she noticed a mannequin standing in front of the entrance. It had lovely jewelry and was dressed in a lovely Chinese gown. She realized that this outfit was made of the most exquisite fabric as she drew nearer and touched the fabric. Was this something Blade left for her? She questioned. She found it difficult to remove the garment from the mannequin, but she did so without accidentally ripping it apart. She appeared as though the clothing had been custom-made for her.

She looked stunning as she stood in front of the mirror, but her hair was still a total mess. Where could she locate a comb when she required one? She was about to turn away from the mirror when she noticed a rapid movement. Her reflection started to sway and gesture with its finger for her to approach. Celine wasn't even sure she could trust her mirror, but she had no other option. She was too intrigued to disregard the instructions. She ventured to approach closer to the mirror when her fear didn't win over. The mirror suddenly reached out and yanked on her hair, causing her to scream in pain.

The agony vanished as it let go of her after a brief period. She looked at her mirror and quickly retreated a few feet. Her hair was flawlessly styled, and she could see a smile on her reflection's face as well as a faint wave.

Celine declared to herself, "Yes, I'm out of here."

She noticed something else odd when she took a closer look at the room she was in. The room had no windows. Either that or Blade made them vanish so she wouldn't be able to see anything he didn't want her to see. She shook the idea out of her thoughts and headed directly toward the door. As she opened it, a landscape appeared in its place instead of a chamber. Nothing about this made sense. It didn't appear to be a typical home with only a bedroom; rather, it appeared she was in a castle. She walked outdoors even though the fact that this couldn't be true. After a short distance, she turned to look at the cabin, but nothing was there.

A portal.

She had no other explanation but that. Blade sent her into the middle of nowhere since he didn't want her where she had been previously. Wonderful, she snidely thought. She was once more alone now. After taking a deep breath, she started walking in an arbitrary route in the hopes that it would take her to a secure location.

She attempted to avoid the woods as much as she could as it grew dark. Without a lamp to shelter her from these shadows, she was defenseless. She had no desire to undergo torture once more.

Should she call Blade or perhaps Cassiel? No, she has previously lived without demons for hundreds of years, therefore she can do it again. She was suddenly struck by a chilling air burst. Although she looked for signs of the paranormal, she found none. She made an effort to tell herself that the temperature had just decreased.

In the dead of the night, she didn't want to be sleeping in the grass. Just some idea of where she was would be helpful. She finally gave up and sat down on the grass since she was unable to see anything.

Yeah, screw it. She murmured in her head. If there was a demon, he would later carry out an attack. Compared to when she would be asleep during that, this was much better to call it out.