Chapter 28

10 years later; 1490 BCE

As time passed and the years went by, Celine felt as contented as ever, somehow knowing she was where she wanted to be. And although she had grown, in the years gone by, and matured in so many ways, she had never truly lost herself. Yes, and scared by traumatic events, and the many deaths she suffered many a time, but it made her know more about who she was.

It made her feel found and heard. Not lost, not wondering, not pondering who she even was. For she was Celine, the girl who had traveled back in time, facing pharaohs and attackers, yet she survived time and time again.

But something was dwelling on her mind; a strange tug and pull to a certain broody demon. But why? She knew not. Without Blade, she wouldn't have been able to fully know and understand who she truly was, a survivor, a fighter. But this pull made her concede into herself, not knowing how a demon, specifically a demon king, could care for her, could show her affection besides a simple fuck or a simple kiss.

She sat there in a cushioned chair, relaxing in front of a roaring fire, settled and comforted by the heat radiating off of it. But of course, the silence never lasted, as Blade dazzled his way into the room loudly, uncaring for a knocked-over table or glass. He strode his way toward her, in a domineering way, stopping next to her and staring into the fire.

Celine turned her head to him and acknowledged his stressed behavior. "What's wrong?" she was concerned. Yet, her lover only stared at the fire without looking at her. "You came later than usual." she tried again. When he still didn't answer, she stood up from her chair and went up to him. The gentle touch of her hand on his chest made him look down at her.

"My apologizes, Cinderella." He bent down and pressed a kiss on her head. "I am utterly outraged and trying to contain myself without going on another murdering spree is distressing," he responded as if it was the most normal thing to say. Not satisfied with his answer, she asked, "What happened?".

After a long exhale, he said, "A leader of a tribe made a deal with me to win a battle." As he didn't go on, Celine tried to find out more. "And?"

"The moment I was about to collect his soul, all the hundreds of his soldiers attacked me by shooting arrows at me." Blade sneered.
"Oh, no! Are you ok?" Celine skimmed her hands over his body to search for an injury. Only when she was certain he was unharmed did she stop. Looking up at him again, a hint of a smirk spread on his lips. "I can assure you I am unharmed." His smirk didn't leave his face when he said, "But they, on the other hand, are not. Now they all are going to spend a very long time in hell before I get hungry and eat their souls."

"Oh right," she went on, "Over the few years we have spent together, I sometimes forget your true nature." Blade cupped her cheek. "Never forget my true nature. You may forget it now..." something was hindering him to say his next part aloud. "But one day you will come to hate me again."

"Why do you say that?" Celine asked, confused. Before answering, he gave her a small kiss on the lips. When he broke it they were only inches apart "Because I'm an evil and deceiving demon." he whispered.

"Now come." He gently took her hand and led her to the hallway. "Where are we going?" she asked. "Outside for a little while, if you aren't too tired yet." Blade helped her take her jacket on before taking on his own. He didn't need it, but Celine once told him that would make him look more human and that she would prefer it. From that day, he wore it for her every time they went outside together.

The second they stepped outside, it was pitch black. "It's dark and super cold. Why are we outside?" she required to know. He took her by his hand and led her away from their home. Home. Calling it that still felt strange for Celine since she hadn't had one for a long time, switching houses every evening to not overcome her welcome.
"You're not about to murder me, are you?" she asked, concerned. At that, Blade turned around and gave her a 'Are you serious?' look.