Chapter 32

Egypt,
1495 B.C, June

Up until this day, her morning routine consisted of waking up, eating breakfast with her family, and then leaving for work. Even so, some days it was still challenging for her to pretend that her life was normal or even merely all right. She was reminded of her real family by the new family she was staying with. She began to miss them more and more as the days went by.

The worst part was spending hours alone in a room weaving clothing. Not only did she feel lonely, but it also caused her thoughts to wander. There was never a day when she didn't think about Blade again. Even just remembering him ached.

When he broke her that day, despite his earlier warning that he would be the one to do it, Celine didn't give it much thought. Despite how meaningless it looked, he fulfilled his promise. She had been devastated ever since the day he crushed her heart. She despised him for what he had done to her, but she despised herself much more for finding herself in love with him in the first place.

Celine was anxious, given how long she still had to live. She no longer found this time travel to be enjoyable; instead, it seemed like she was living in hell as her past caught up to her with each passing day. She could be depressed since she hardly had any desire to live anymore. She battled to survive nonetheless, to prove to the demon that she would not give up under any circumstances.

Celine muttered to herself, "I can't do this anymore," and set the fabric she was weaving aside. She got up and headed outside to look for one of her parents. She overheard her mother conversing with a client.

She could have sworn in the corner of her eyes that he had red eyes before she even looked at him, which made her feel strange and made her wonder if she was dreaming things. However, they were a relaxed dark brown as she turned to gaze at him. Celine was certain she needed a break from work.

"Mom, may I go outdoors so I may breathe some fresh air? I started to feel a little nauseated." Without even daring to glance at him again for fear of going crazy, Celine attempted to ignore this man as much as she could.

"Okay, if you need to, you can spend some time outside." She gave her assurance. As she passed her on her way to the door, Celine gave a slim smile.

She heard the man talking not even a second later. "Do you really think your daughter hasn't changed? And I don't only talk about emotive things." He gave his head a tap.
Her mother defended her, saying, "My daughter has grown more beautiful over the years; I hope you mean that for your own sake."

"So her having light hair and eyes that resemble the blue of the sea from one day to the next is a normal change for you?" He sounded dubious. Celine stopped immediately as soon as he finished speaking, her blood instantly becoming cold.

Mother laughed mockingly. "You should consult a doctor because my daughter has black hair and brown eyes. I've never seen a person like the one you described."

"Oh, really?" Celine whirled around to face him at his words. He was staring directly at her when she locked eyes with him. Yet, he lacked the glowing eyes that would have revealed his demonic nature.

He was the only person to have seen that she wasn't the true daughter, so what or who was he then? Her mother maintained the charade since she still didn't appear to trust this man.

"I'm not understanding what you're saying." She gave him a disrespectful, up-and-down stare. She kept an eye on him in an effort to learn more about him and determine why he would say anything like that.

"I am not what you are looking for," he added. "I speak only the truth." He moved toward her mother. "Mark my words when I claim that one of the most fearful killed your real daughter," he warned.