Five

It wasn't long before Thomas had reached more stairwells than he was sure he had ever seen in his life before. The thing is, they were all facing in different directions, paintings hanging up all around him.

Thomas spotted Minho and Tim on one of the stairs, surrounded by a group of children.
"Where do you want to go, dear?".
Thomas whipped around sharply, confused at where the voice was coming from. "What?".
"Over here!".
Thomas turned to see a woman in a painting. But she was...moving. She was waving at him, the brush strokes on her hand moving in time with her.

Thomas took a step back, sure that this was a dream. Or a prank.
"Oh, don't be nervous", the woman tutted at him. She examined his crest. "Hmm. Gryffindor? Okay".
Suddenly, the staircase began to change in direction. Thomas grabbed both sides of the railing, scared and confused.

He caught Minho's eye, who seemed to relax. Thomas's stairwell connected with Minho's, and Thomas's tan up to his friend before they could move again.
"Where'd you go?", asked Tim.
"Got lost".
Minho rolled his eyes. "Nice going, shuck-face".
Thomas grinned as he saw a wall moving, the crowd beginning to spill onto yet again, another set of hallways. They all followed.

Sorry if there are mistakes in this one, though its short I havent proof-read it yet.