Twenty-two

Thomas and Newt told Lora all about the Maze, the Glade, their memories- or, what was left of them.
How they couldn't remember anything from who they were before that.

Lora would gasp as they told her tales of Grievers, being locked in the Maze, the Changing.
Thomas explained that as he grew old enough, he remembered working for WICKED. How it was a cruel and evil place. How he hated and despised himself for having any part in that.

"It's not your fault, Tommy. And no one blames you", Newt was rubbing his back, and they were still on the floor.

"Stephen, if I knew about even a fraction of what kind of a place that was, I would have never, ever have brought you there", Lora said tearfully. "I didn't know".

"Could you please stop calling ne that", Thomas asked her. He was still sniffling a little bit, trying to take deep breaths.
"What? You want me to call you the name that that place gave you?", Lora was shocked.

"I know, I know. But- I know this sounds strange, it was my only memory. My only connection to life before...all that. I don't know if I can handle it if that was a lie, too".

"It's not strange, Tommy. That was all you remembered me. We've called you that, you've called yourself that. It would be strange to just suddenly start calling you something else".

Thomas looked up at Lora. "I'm sorry. I know that it's hard to hear, but...I just want to forget that name".

Lora didn't reply. Newt continued rubbing Thomas's back, before looking up, too.
"Do you...know my parents?", he asked, hopefully.
Lora looked at the blonde blankly. "I have no idea who you are".

Sorry that the chapters are so short. When I write them out, they seem a lot longer than they are.