Six

The boys were lead through yet more halls.
This place has more twists and turns than the Maze, Thomas thought, breaking the promise he made to himself about not thinking of that experiment he was in.

While all of the students parted, all of them going into seperate rooms, the three boys only stood there, not knowing what to do. A girl noticed them, and rolled her eyes before coming over to them.

"You guys go to your dormitories now", she said, her accent think and strange to the Gladers.
"Yeah, thanks, but we don't know where those are", Minho replied, as he struggled to keep the sarcasm out of his voice.
The girl, with cropped short black hair, folded her arms. She sent a signal to her friends waiting for her, silently telling them to go on without her.

The girl went straight to a room on the boy's left, and knocked on the door. The oak wood had barely opened before she placed her hand flat on it, shoving it, extending it. The boy, a brunette with glasses, appeared to be unfazed.
"Harry", she said, greeting him with just his name. "How many spare beds do you have?".
"Two", the boy said slowly, eyeing Thomas and his friends up and down.

"Perfect. You two", she made a peace sign with her fingers, pointing them at Thomas and Minho. "In there".
Her voice was orderly, and even Minho did what he was told, walking towards the room.

Thomas wondered why none of the grown-ups he had seen were helping them. Did they know where they had all come from? Maybe fhe children basically ran the place, like how it had been in the Glade.
The girl turned on her heel, and told Tim to follow her. Tim looked crushed that he was going alone. Thomas felt sorry for him. He had just lost basically all of his friends from the Glade, Thomas thought. And now he basically just lost two more.

Once Tim and the girl were out of sight, the boy with glasses, the one named 'Harry', from Thomas's memory, exhaled slightly out of his nose. He opened the door widely, and stepped back.

Thomas went in first, noticing four humongous beds in one room. They were four-poster beds, wooden arches holding them up. They were standing magnificent and tall  and it had reminded Thomas if the wooden tower in the Glade, where he had first seen the Grievers (book reference). He remembered Newt's face while staring at them, blank and emotionless, as he told Thomas that their lives all revolved around the Maze.
The Maze. He wondered how Newt was getting on now.