Thirty-Seven

Newt and Minho had been sitting in the library for forty minutes now. They used the time that they had to study for some subjects, trying to catch up with their classmates.

Every time the door opened, both of the boys snapped their heads up, hoping to see their friend walk in.

Nent drummed his fingers on the desk, a book open flat in front of him. His mind kept on wondering to his friend. Was he okay? What did it feel like finding your family you lost.
Was his Tommy okay?
He should go after him. He should find him, shouldn't he?

Newt wondered if his parents were out there, too. Were they looking for him, like Thomas's mother had been?
But they were also the ones who had given them up to WICKED. Newt sighed.

A whole five minutes later, the library doors opened. And, as usual, both Gladers whipped their heads around to see who it was.

This time, it really was Thomas. He walked down to their table, and bent down to hug Newt. "Hey, Tommy!", he said, happily.
"Hey, Newtie Cutie!".

Nent grinned, rolling his eyes.

Minho stared at the them, his eyes wide. "Don't call me that", he said. "But you're looking pretty happy, how'd it go?".

Thomas blew up his cheeks, exhaling a puff of air. "Well, it went. I'm glad I did it".

"See? I told you so".

"Yeah, year. Turns out, we missed my birthday. It was a few weeks ago".

Thomas went on to explain everything he knew. He sat down crossed- legged on the table, instead of one of the chairs. "It feels good to know".
"Better ?" asked Minho.

"I suppose so. Some answers weren't what I hoped they'd be, but all in all, I'm going to try and build up a relationship with her.
"That's good, Tommy. Well done for having the courage to talk to her", Newt patted his friend's hand. "I'm proud of you".

Thomas smiled, clearly understanding both the fact that Newt was serious, but also their inside joke as well.

Nicholas ams some girl in a Slytherin robe walked past. Newt caught Nicholas's eye.
'Is everything okay with Thomas?', Nicholas signed. Newt spoke back. 'Yeah, he's good, thank you'.

It was just a coincidence that he had a sign language for beginners book out in front of him.

Please this chapter is so bad💀but hey it's Christmas Eve, so. Also, do you people ship Newtmas?? There's no point in writing it if ye don't.