Chapter 1

I was extremely privileged to have the life I did. My parents owned a business and when I was born it was making money that some people could only dream of making at their age. When I was born my maman and papa were in their early 20s my maman being 24 and papa being 25. You could argue that it was an appropriate age to have a child but most people my age had slightly larger age gaps with their parents. Growing up they set me on the right path and I knew exactly what I wanted to do from a young age.

I studied art when I was younger and as I grew up I knew I wanted to follow my parents steps and grow a business of some sort and I loved being creative. Anything creative I would indulge in it. Therefore, the business my parents grew was the type of business I wanted, I wanted to continue to promote their business and expand the ideas for it. It was a place where everyone could express theirselves, where I could express myself.

My parents didn't just hand me a job on a plate, it took a lot of hard work and tears, not sweat just tears. I was a highly known influencer for my parents business in Monaco and most people knew my name, Alena Pavelli. Pavelli being the name of the business, I was a 24 year old earning more money than most people older than me was but with that came a lot of responsibilities that I sometimes wished I didn't have. Due the the business being in the fashion industry it meant fashion weeks were a big importance. I had to travel quite frequently when fashion shows were on, ensuring I captured the best moments. It got tiring and sometimes I wish I had a moment of peace and quiet, I sometimes wish I was an 8 year old running around again in my disney princess dresses.

The phone next to me wouldn't stop ringing and I threw my head back in exhaustion as I picked it up to answer. I really believe I should've took up acting with how good I was at putting on a polite phone voice when I was tired. "Alena Pavelli speaking..". The person on the opposite side of the phone replied in french, understanding I soon changed my language to fit theirs. "Excusez moi madame bonjour" I answered with my greeting.

They had called explaining their gratitude for the business and how they though it was amazing that the new generation was taking it to other places with the new fashion trends that were entering the world. I loved those type of calls they gave me the energy that I didn't have before them as I loved knowing the business was being ran decently and effectively, which maman and papa were always happy to hear about.

All this hard work would be worth it when the business would eventually have the ability to be run by the people below my maman and papa, who would be taking over within the next year or so. It didn't mean it wasn't my mamans and papas business no more it just meant they wouldn't have to be constantly going back and fourth to different countries to run it as they usually did. They had made the decision to pass it down a month ago when they realised they wanted to start relaxing, they'd worked hard since they were teenagers and now they were late 40s wanting to relax and enjoy their life where they could.

The phone started ringing again yet this time it was my personal. I picked it up in an instant seeing my boyfriends name pop up on the screen Lucas. He explained to me that there was a party on a yacht tonight that was going to be full of highly known celebrities. It sounded interesting that was for sure but I was tired and a party was the last thing on my mind, before I could even say thank you after saying no he ended it on me. "Juste parce qu'on lui a dit non, comme c'est mature" I muttered to myself before placing my phone back and the desk and threw my head back again, this time to close my eyes and just get a few moment of silence.

*Knock Knock*

"Please come in" I physically wanted to cry, that moment of silence didn't even last me a singular second. However, it wasn't the worst visitor as my best friend walked in with donuts in her hand from the cafe around the corner, which by the way made the most delicious donuts ever.