Chapter 25

This boy never knew when the best time to turn up was as he stood slightly in the hallway, facing me at my hotel door. It was the next morning and Lily was still sleeping peacefully, facing the opposite way to where I was stood with Charles. The sun was only just coming up outside, showing that it was early hours of the morning. Unless he had a good excuse I wasn't going to be happy with the sudden presence of his at this time in the morning.

"And you are at my door at 6:30 for what?" I asked, trying not to speak too loud as I didn't want Lily to wake and she was quite a light sleeper. Whilst waiting for him to answer my question, I let him in so that he wasn't having to stand in the hallway and I could shut the door.

We both made our way over to the sofa, him sitting on the left side of it, leaving me the right. This hotel sofa was extremely comfy, I was thinking about it yesterday when I was in the same place with Daniel, when it was Charles in the bed rather than Lily.

He finally spoke but didn't answer my question directly, instead he said "how are you getting to Australia?"

"On a plane?" I said being sarcastic as it was obvious that that's what type of transport I would be taking.

"Funny" he responded as he could hear the sarcasm that was laced within my voice "What plane?"

I told him about Daniel's offer he had given me and Lily about joining him on his plane and Charles shook his head at me straight away. He was calculating his next words as he looked at me, making me feel a small rush of butterflies in my stomach due to his intense stare.

"Come on my plane, you can keep me company"

"I don't know"

"I'll be bored if you don't"

The decision in itself was a little difficult as I didn't really want to say no to the monegasque, who was sat in front of me right now but I also didn't want to tell Daniel I wouldn't go with him after I had already agreed to it a couple of days prior to this conversation. The flight was today so I didn't have much time to choose between the two but before I could think of how to reply to Charles' offer, I heard movement come from the direction of the bed and both me and Charles turned our heads in the direction.

Lily was awake, which I didn't expect as it was still early and I don't believe we had been talking that loud for her to wake up. As she sat up, she caught sight of Charles, who gave her a polite smile, and looked at me straight away, a bit similarly to how Daniel had looked at me when he had seen Charles in my room yesterday morning.

Because of the conversation me and Lily had been in last night, I knew that it didn't look very convincing that there was nothing going off when he was sat here at almost 7 in the morning. I could tell she had even more thoughts that she wanted to speak on as her face said it all but I could easily deal with that later on.

"Hello Charles, I'd say it's unusual that you are here but I don't think it is"

As you would expect, Charles looked quite muddled at her comment but didn't ask any questions, thankfully.

"Hi Lily" he said to my best friend, who was now sat with her back against the headboard of the bed. Then, he turned back to me but with his whole body not just his head "so..?"

"Okay, why not."

"Quality time together" he laughed, winking at me, which didn't make me look innocent to Lily right now but he didn't know that. Because Charles was Charles, he decided to make another comment where it wasn't needed, adding on "you like my company just as much as I like yours Pavelli"