Chapter 44

There was a lot of progression in mine and Charles relationship over the past week. After the Monaco grand prix and the Sunday night, everything between us was basically perfect. It sounded cliché saying everything was perfect but even though we were spending all our free time together, we were getting tired of each other and we were constantly laughing like teenagers with their crushes. Obviously Charles had had to keep up his gym work and training for Baku, which was the weekend ahead but he didn't make making time for me difficult, especially on the Thursday when we went out on his boat just as the sun was setting. The week had felt like it was just us two in our own little bubble.

Of course that week couldn't last and after we had watched the sun set on Thursday, it wasn't long long before he was on his way to Azerbaijan, for the race weekend at Baku. I didn't go with him because social media was quite hectic after last weekend and we had also been spotted a few times around Monaco, which gave people more opportunities to make comments about the two of us. Unlike Australia, I wasn't bothered about the comments but I just didn't want to be bombarded, which Charles had told me would probably happen and I knew he was right.

The posts on social media weren't bad but people were speculating a lot. In comments, many people were saying that they were going to ask me if they saw me and obviously I couldn't tell them anything. It was down to Charles and his manager, meaning me going to a race weekend before things were cleared up would just make it difficult. I could easily ignore the people asking questions but it wouldn't make me look like a polite person , especially to Charles' fans. That's why I wasn't going.

As everyone else was in Azerbaijan, it left me with Emilio but not for long as he was leaving for Barcelona on Saturday. Emilio didn't seem to be a huge fan of Charles, which was why he was here now Charles had left but he told me this almost as soon as he arrived. In his words he said he 'felt Charles was playing a game but he couldn't put his finger on why.' Emilio was a very judging person so I didn't really take his comment to heart but it didn't make it easy to hear when all I wanted to do was fill my friend in on how much fun I had had with that same person for the past week.

It didn't rain a lot in Monaco, but today was one of those days that it did as the Morning sky was grey outside. The only thing me and Emilio could really do was sit inside for the day and he suggested we watched movie. If it had been any other time then I would've said yes but I hadn't woke up early for nothing as the first day of Baku was today so I didn't want anything else on the tv except that. His suggestion actually reminded me to turn the tv on as it started in the next ten minutes and I wasn't fond of missing it.

"Do we have to watch that idiot for the next hour?" He said as the Formula 1 credits began and Charles appeared on the screen. I could take him having an opinion but I didn't take him being disrespectful lightly. "I don't get what you see in him Lena."

"Don't start, watch it for the other drivers" I told him, rolling my eyes at his petty comments.

"Okay"

Watching practices were always easier than watching the races themselves as you knew that practices were in place for the driver to get comfortable with the track and for the team to test the car. You never really had the feeling that things were going to go wrong in the practices and that's why I didn't have to fiddle with anything when watching them. It was basically like watching them have fun, however I did know that Charles still liked to come out with faster laps than everyone else.

The camera seemed to always get the right angles when they had it places on Charles as they showed him when he took his helmet off and his hair was a little messy. They always caught him when he had certain looks on his face during conversations that made him so much more attractive. He currently seemed to be in one of those conversations but you could see him looking down every five seconds, probably at something on his phone. I then felt a few vibrations, one after the other, come from my phone that was on my lap. I quickly realised that what he was looking at had something to do with me as he had sent me a few messages.

Charles
Hi ma cherí, I don't know if your awake but got the fastest lap
Also sorting the Lauren stuff out today before I go home
And the hot laps video is being uploaded after I sort that

Alena
Of course I'm up, I'm watching Baku
But lots of information there

I saw him smile down at his phone on the tv and I felt a bit of excitement run through my body as I knew I had just sent the message. He began typing again and it wasn't long before I felt another vibration.

Charles
Hope I'm doing you proud

I smiled at his messages as he had smiled at mine and answered him with always before turning my attention back to the screen. In the corner of my eye I could see Emilio typing away to someone, paying no attention to the tv whatsoever but I couldn't judge him if Formula 1 wasn't his forte.

"Do you want to come to Barcelona?" Emilio asked me, out of nowhere.

"How long for?" I asked, wondering if he meant just for a little while he got settled in over there.

"Like the whole time I am there"

It shocked me that he came out with this because it was so random and quite shallow minded from Emilio. He knew how much I liked my job here and he was just asking if I wanted to move to Barcelona like it was a normal question to give to someone.

"Not really" I answered him, furrowing my eyebrows a bit because I wasn't going to hide that I was confused.

"Why not?"

"Because I have a life here maybe? I'm not going to run off to Barcelona Em"

"Before Charlie or whatever his name came back, you seemed a lot more fun and willing to do fun things" He said, suddenly blaming my decision on Charles.

His mood had changed so fast, it was like a switch had gone off in his head as he now seemed angry. It was obvious he wasn't happy with my answer and now he was trying to find an excuse for why I said no but I didn't see why Charles was being brought into it when he wasn't even here, nor was he the topic of the conversation or start with.

"Well thats not true, nothings changed at all except the fact I spent time with him whilst he was here. I am willing to do fun things but leaving my home and job isn't my kind of fun" I said, giving an argument against what he had just said. "And I know your not fond of Charles but why is he being brought into this?"

"Forget it" Emilio said, getting up from the sofa and walking over to my front door. I followed to see what he was doing and found him placing his shoes onto his feet. He was making an issue out of nothing right now and the fact he was now leaving showed how immature he was being.

"Emilio, come on" I said, trying to get him to act normal instead of like a stroppy teenager. "What's this about?"

"I said forget it, be boring," He said opening my door before slamming it in my face.

I didn't even have the effort to retaliate to his slamming my door in my own house. I didn't have the effort to go outside after him and stop him from walking off because I believed he was out of order. He wasn't angry when he arrived and he wasn't angry before he asked me to go to Barcelona so just because I said no to it wasn't an excuse for him to be mad or storm out.

I didn't know what it was with me having a good week or couple of weeks and then someone having to go and ruin it by causing an issue. It had been Lauren in Australia last month and it was now my own close friend. Clearly people needed to get their own emotions in check because it was unfair that I was being made to feel like I was the one at blame for their problems.

***
Writers note
Filler chapter <3

I'm having a bit of a writers block atm so sorry chapters are coming out slower. I have ideas it's just writing them down. For example, I had to rewrite this chapter 5 times.

I would also say the story is about half way through now and there is still a lot of drama to come yet x

~Mel