Chapter 26

As you can imagine, on a 15 hours flight there is not much you can do to entertain yourself except conversing with the other aboard and sleeping. On the plane was me and Charles, then a few people in the Ferrari crew in the other part of the cabin, along with some flight assistants and the pilot of course. We only stopped once, so that the plane could refuel and we could get out for a bit of air as we had been on it for about 10 hours already at that point.

When we finally arrived in Australia, stepping off the plane felt like you were being hit with fire as it was much hotter than Saudi had been. It showed as only being 31 degrees but I completely blamed the A/\c aboard the plane for making it feel like it was twice as hot as that. I turned around on the stairs that I was on and saw Charles with his phone out, pointing directly at me. He noticed I'd turned around and put it down immediately, smiling to himself about something but not making eye contact with me.

Unlike the airport in Saudi, this one was full with much more security and the security assigned to Charles was also here himself, meaning there was no chance of the surrounding of people happening again. Fans were around asking for signatures and general questions but it was less of a mobbing, it was ten times calmer. I could see odd flashes out of the corner of my eye every now and then, which was the paparazzi, which was this time held back by a fence meaning that they couldn't get very close.

The heat then hit again as we exited the airport, which also had A/C, and Charles pointed towards a car, which looked like another ferrari. I guess the other car was going to be going back to Monaco as the security assigned to Charles took our suitcases and placed them in the back of the car, which had been pointed out by Charles. I saw a little bit of a smug look in Charles' face as he opened the passenger door for me, and like the gentlemen he was held my hand to get inside of it. It was completely unnecessary for him to do either of those things but I went along with it for the fun of it. Out of my window, I watched him talking to the security and giving him a hand shake before the security walked over to a different car, waving at Charles as he left.

Getting into the drivers side, he turned to me before speaking up, "ready to see where we're staying Pavelli?"

"We?"

"You'll see"

When Daniel had originally told Lily and I that we could join him on his plane, he had also mentioned that living arrangements for the week would be sorted. We had told them there was no need for it but he insisted and when Daniel insisted it was pretty difficult to argue against him as he was too consistent with his side of the argument. However, none of the conversation included Charles so Charles saying 'we' had me thinking through all the possibilities.

We drove through desert-like areas and we also drove through multiple streets, where fans had seen Charles through the car window when we stopped for a moment due to cars in front of us or traffic lights. He waved at all of them when he passed and I loved the smile that came to his face every time that he heard someone shout his name excitedly.

Half an hour was how long the drive had been from the airport until we stopped. When I looked out of the window, I saw quite a large house and outside of it I saw multiple cars parked, all of them being what you would class as 'expensive'. I caught a glimpse of two people behind us in the wing mirror, who were also getting out of the car with suitcases in their hands. I soon noticed that the two people exiting the car were Carlos and Isa, which then made me realise why Daniel said he'd sort it and why Charles said we.

"Is everyone here?" I asked Charles

"Anddd you are correct Pavelli" he said as if I had just got a question correct on some type of quiz show "It's Daniel's home, he has so many rooms. We always do this when we come to Australia."