Chapter 20

After that dream I couldn't find the urge to fall back to sleep again and scrolled through my phone instead, looking at posts that fans and the team accounts had posted from the day. I came across one of the scuderiaferrari 's stories of Charles in his racing gear with the caption 'red and ready.' This photo must've been taken before I had arrived that day as it didn't seem that busy in the background of where it was took.

I continued to look through my instagram until I decided to turn to tiktok as instagram obviously got boring after a while. My tiktok was filled with so many random videos but I personally think my for you page was quite funny as I always had a giggle when swiping through.

Interrupting my alone time, I heard a knock at the door and I knew it wasn't Lily as she had posted on her story watching Mamma Mia. In fact I'd messaged her telling her I was disappointed that she hadn't invited me to go and watch it with her as it is one of my favourite movies. I got up to make my way over to where the door was and the person behind it clearly wasn't patient as the the knock came through again but louder.

I looked through the peep hole before opening the door and saw Charles stood, running his fingers through his hair and I felt a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. The fact I had just had an unusual dream about him and I kissing and he was now at my door made me feel a little awkward when I opened the door to let him in. I didn't speak first as I didn't really know if words would come out my mouth, I was for the first time finding it difficult to speak to him.

"Cat got your tongue" he said, while he made his way over to the chair that I had left next to the window before going to sleep earlier on "no hi charles or anything?" Well he didn't know the involuntary thoughts I had been having about him no less than half an hour ago so yes there was no hi charles.

"How come you are here?" I finally found words as I asked him about his presence in my room.

As if my dream was repeating itself he told me he was bored and wanted to do something fun but he didn't mention getting anything to swim in this time. He told me to put something a little warmer on as I was in my loungewear, which consisted of a silk pair of shorts and a silk top so that I wouldn't freeze to death outside. I listened to what he said as I had nothing better to do myself and got changed, but in the bathroom so that I didn't have to undress in front of him. I'd put on a red pair of joggers, with a jumper to match and when I left the bathroom I saw him snicker to himself, obviously about the colour choice.

"You love wearing red to support me, don't you?" he said, teasing me. He also brought up the red dress I had wore on the first day but in my defence I did wear that dress because it was probably one of my favourites that I had packed. "Okay, let's go" he opened the door and walked out, turning back around to wait for me to follow him.

He led me down our hallway but instead of turning where the elevator was he kept walking straight, which made no sense as I thought he said we were going outside and we had just passed the only exit. He kept looking behind to make sure I was still following him and then I saw him put his hand behind his back and open it as if he was offering for me to take it. I places my hand in his and he soon led us to a door, which had an exit sign above it.

I expected the door to lead to some sort of stairs but it didn't and as he opened it, we exited onto a concrete balcony, which had a few chairs laid out on it. He took me to the edge of the building, which did have a wall and pointed outwards, showing me that in the far distance you could see the sea as well as the town in front of us that was full of people. If it was any other time I would just think this was a beautiful place and a beautiful moment but the fact the dream I had also included us going to swim in that exact sea I could see made me feel all type of ways that I couldn't put into words.