Chapter 30

We could stay on this boat all night, if it was Charles' but we did have a group of people to be back to and we had already been out for long enough as the time was creeping upon half eleven. We'd spent our time together trying to find things to speak about which we didn't know about each other, which was more difficult than it should've been for me as I felt I'd told him all my life that day we spent on the hill together.

While he sailed the boat back to the bay, I took in the peace that we had whilst we were still alone. The waves were a little choppier now but they didn't rock the boat that much and if the boat did rock slightly more, I saw Charles look at me with a nervous look, which made me laugh. It didn't take long for us to get back and then make the walk we had done earlier but this time back to the car.

The car journey was just as beautiful as it was on the way there and I meant it was beautiful in every way. However, due to it being dark the buildings were now lit up and the landscapes were more of a silhouette. Also, if it makes sense, it smelt cooler but I didn't know if that was the right terminology to use for the scent outside the car window, which was open.

It wasn't long before we were walking back into the house that everyone else was lounging in and I was met with a very smug look on Daniels face as Charles walked in front of me to join the people that were still awake. I kept my face as normal as possible so that I wasn't giving anything away but I saw Lily make her way into the hallway behind Daniel and she too had a similar look on her face.

"What are you guys looking at?" I said, trying to play it cool.

"Been up to anything" Lily said and then she pointed to just below her lip and told me to look at mine.

I pulled out my phone and opened the camera whilst Daniel and Lily both giggled between them about whatever Lily was trying to make me aware of. When I looked in the camera, I could see that my lip liner was slightly smudged but only slightly as I hadn't had much on to begin with. There was no way I;d tell these two about what had just happened because then Pierre and Lando would both end up being in the loop so I had to either think of a good excuse or pray Charles would save me from this conversation.

Charles wasn't going to help in this situation. It was up to me to get us both out of it and I had to come up with some sort of lie on the spot. My best acting was going to have to come out because this was my best friend and one of my new closer friends that I couldn't get anything past and hadn't done yet before.

"Oh, that" I laughed "we had some strawberries and chocolate, nothing fancy but I can;t believe Charles didn't tell me I smudged." I pulled a little pout face after to try and make it more convincing and unexpectedly their smug faces both disappeared. That proved that if I really needed to I could lie, not that it's a good thing but sometimes it is.

Still awake was Carlos, Pierre, Lewis, Lando, Isa and Kelly. Of course there was Daniel, Lily and Charles too but it seemed that the others were all already in bed, which was understandable as it was past midnight and unlike us lot they must have some type of sleeping schedules. I had heard them all laughing, mostly the boys, when I'd been standing in the hallway with Daniel and Lily but I didn't know why until I walked in to some weird goat game on the tv screen.

"No you don't milk the goat" Lando firmly said in Lewis' direction "you bloody are the goat, you hit people and stuff". I could tell that Lando was very passionate about this game as he handed Lewis the controller and he started bossing him around on what to do. I'd not had this insight to the drivers before so knowing that their free time right now was spent on playing a goat game was very laughable from my perspective.

Charles too was laughing, a very distinctive laugh as he started to wind Lando up by saying "but who milks the goats if they hit into people". He looked over at me with tears in his eyes, almost crying of laughter as he got told off by Lando in the exact way that Lewis had been told off less than a minute ago.

𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹 | 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗰जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें