Chapter 35

*Charles POV*

I didn't have the chance to take in everything that had gone on in the past few days and with everything happening on race weekend, I didn't have the time to take my focus off of that to think about anything for a second. I was on my way back to Monaco after winning pole position in the race today and any other person would be celebrating this win as it had been quite a strong weekend for me but I couldn't take my mind off of her. I finally had some time to reflect before arriving home.

Lily had told me that Alena left last night as she didn't want to tell me before qualifiers but I had already noticed that she hadn't been present in the garage on that day. When I'd got pole position in qualifying I had looked for her first as I assumed she may of woke up late but instead I was met by Lauren and I hated it as I had to fake my excitement when speaking to her but with Alena I didn't. I knew that me and Alena had had what could be called an argument on Friday night but I hoped that that wasn't the reason for her going.

I really didn't understand where her anger came from because I went and asked if she was okay as soon as I got back to Daniel's house and I tried asking her what she wanted me to do but I felt like she had already decided that she would be mad at me no matter what. I couldn't control what Lauren wrote, especially after the stuff she had been saying in the meeting me and my manager had with her and hers after the photos of me and Alena emerged.

In the meeting, my manager tried to argue that this fake relationship had gone as it was having an affect on my image anyway as I was unable to have any real relationships with females without looking bad even if they were only platonic relationships. At this moment, Lauren and her manager agreed to drop the fake relationship but that meant that Lauren would end it by saying that I did cheat and I didn't want to be portrayed as a cheater but I also didn't want Alena to look like a homewrecker. The fake relationship continuing was the final decision but Lauren didn't mention she had tweeted and I didn't realise until I was on my way back to Daniel's. Nothing was in my control.

I was honest with Alena when I got back because I told her that my image mattered and things had to be dealt with there and then. I told her I couldn't change what Lauren did but that didn't seem to be enough for her as she left as soon as she could saying that she needed peace and quiet. I was going to try and talk to her the next night but as I said before that was when Lily told us she left. I tried ringing through to Alena that night but it went straight through to voicemail for some reason and I assumed she didn't want me to bother her but I rang for the second time just in case it was the signal. No answer again.

When I eventually landed in Monaco after the long flight, as soon as I turned airplane mode off, I was being tagged in things all over social media again. As far as I was aware there were no more issues regarding me and Alena so when I saw our names tagged together again I was quite confused until I saw the caption and video in the post.

"From Ferrari driver back to her ex? Alena Pavelli seems to move quicker than the formula 1 cars themselves"

The video below was a video of her kissing a tall, brown haired guy in what looked like one of the clubs in Monaco and I assumed the guy was her ex due to the caption written above it. I knew that things on social media weren't trustworthy especially after this weekend but I couldn't help but feel a little bit of anger as I saw his hands holding her waist as she stood in a white dress, which shaped her figure perfectly and enhanced the olive tones in her skin. They were definitely kissing but with how they had broken up in the first place, I would've thought she had a little more respect for herself.

"You should get off your phone mate," Pierre said, peeking over my shoulder at the video I had playing on my phone repeatedly. "Why don't you just go and speak to her, I'm sure you can talk everything out."