Chapter 38

"Why are you here for me?" He asked as we began to walk to where the garages were. I knew that I was here for him because he didn't look right and because both Daniel and Pierre insisted I came but I didn't know whether telling him he didn't look right was wrong for me to assume when this was the first conversation we had had in a long time.

"I just felt I needed to come and cheer you on a little" I said, lying as best as I could. I think he bought it but he didn't show any smile or anything as he usually would've if I said something like that prior to Australia.

"Well, I'll see you after," he said as we entered the garage and he made his way over to the engineers who looked like they had been waiting for him.

I caught Isa's eye and when she realised I was stood on my own she made her way over. We had an hour until the first practice and the boys were all getting ready for it by now, getting into their race suits and going over strategies before they got into the cars for the first time this weekend. As we had an hour to waste, Isa suggested we went over to Ferraris hospitality and that was another thing that I had yet to see as I hadn't been during any of the races I had been to at the start of the season.

I noticed a few people taking photos of us as we got closer to the red building, which was no more than a couple minutes walk away from us now. Isa got stopped a few times by fans for photos and every time she would stop an give them all the time she could for them to have little conversations with her. Of course most these conversations were about Carlos but you could see the pride that Isa had when talking about her boyfriend, even in the simplest of conversations.

"Okay so, Carlos said we need to get you your pass for the Ferrari garage because Daniel had sorted it prior to today," she said "and then we can sit and have a talk about things if you want?"

"Yeah, that's fine with me"

As she said, we went and collected my pass from someone downstairs in Ferraris hospitality, who seemed to know who I was as soon as he saw me as he didn't wait for us to ask when he passed me the lanyard with the pass on it. We were going to sit downstairs and have a soft drink but Isa said it was busier than usual and it would probably be more peaceful sitting upstairs. She knew more than me so I didn't question her decision, following her up the stairs onto a balcony, which had two seats on it with white cushions on them and a small circular table in between.

"I haven't seen you in a while, have you been alright since Australia?" She asked, then having a sip of her lemonade after she spoke.

"Yes, I have honestly felt so happy since everything died down" I told her, which was very tries as I had said before how I felt more at peace.

"I'm glad" she said "Have you and Charles spoke much since?"

"Honestly, not at all" I told her, making her make a shocked face, similar to the one Lily had made when I first saw her after he arrival to Monaco. "Yeah, this is the first time I've seen him or even spoke to him since we sorted things. He ignored me when I messaged him too so I don't know"

"Wait, you messaged him and he ignored you?" she questioned. "That is strange, you should ask him why he ignored you because that's unusual for him to do, especially with you."

"What do you mean especially with me?"

"Well it's quite evident how much you two like each other, we all saw it in Australia." she said. "Carlos told me him and Lauren are fake but I think everyone else knows it too deep down but nobody wants to be rude and ask about it. Tell me, what was really going on in the photo of him pulling you behind him."

I knew that I could trust Isa with things like this because one, her boyfriend was in the same team as Charles meaning she wouldn't want to bring any bad on him as it would affect the team but also because she was a genuine nice girl, who was always checking on everyone. I was trying to think of how to explain what the context behind the photo was but I knew that meant I would have to openly admit to me and Charles being somewhat more than friends at that point and it hurt me to think that things were feeling completely opposite to that at the moment.