Chapter 32

The adrenaline rush may not have been Charles' smartest of moments as he clearly forgot about the many cameras that were around when he decided to pull me through the paddock holding my hand. I was used to getting quite a large amount of notifications but never at the level they were coming through at tonight. There were a few photos, quite a lot of comments over multiple social media apps and they all linked to me and Charles.

I had avoided it most of the night but I decided to take a look at what was being said from accounts that had more influence as I ignored all the small accounts that weren't making any big statements. One account on twitter caught my attention as it posted a photo of us walking through the paddock and had tagged me, Charles but also Lauren, calling out Charles as 'disloyal' to his girlfriend that was also at the race, obviously referring to Lauren.

Charles and I hadn't spoke about this situation yet as me and Lily had gone back to Daniels with Isa, leaving the boys and the other girls at the track as there were conferences and interviews taking place. Some of the boys had arrived back home but there were a few that hadn't including Charles and this happening meant he would probably be having more conversations than originally expected tonight. Lily and Isa obviously both saw what was being posted but thankfully I think they both understood that I wouldn't want to speak on what was going off.

I wasn't going to comment on anything anywhere because I knew how to keep a good image for myself and my parent's business but I didn't know anything about how to calm a situation like this down. Charles already explained to me why him and Lauren were a 'thing' even though he didn't want to be involved with her and that was another thing I had to be aware of as well because this will of stirred something up there and he had already said that his career could be affected by Lauren. In all honesty, I felt bad for being so caught up in whatever bubble we were in at that moment as I also wasn't being aware of the consequences.

I couldn't help but keep scrolling through social media, especially twitter and the deeper I got into it the more anxious I felt about the things that were being said. When people are behind screens they really are ruthless and don't care about what they are saying and speculating about. It was quite harsh to see.

Another post wrote 'Alena Pavelli, daughter of Maria Pavelli and Anthony Pavelli, hand locked with Formula 1 driver for Ferrari, Charles Leclerc. After her boyfriend cheated on her not many months ago, you wouldn't expect her to encourage someone to do the same to their beloved one."

Right now the only thing that sounded good to me was sleeping and hoping that it was all some type of dream. I didn't want this type of attention, in fact I didn't want attention at all and being well known due to my parents name was enough for me. Putting my phone down on the bedside table, face down, I laid my head back on my pillow and closed my eyes for a moment of peace to myself to try and think about something else other than this.

The door opened and I expected Charles to walk through the door but it was Carlos with Pierre following closely behind him, both of them looking at me as if neither of them knew what to say or do. I was hoping one of them would say something because I knew that right now I was not capable of starting my own conversation with either of them.

"Social Media's shit, are you okay after seeing it all?" Pierre spoke up, making it feel a little less tense between the three of us now the silence was broke.

"I'm fine"

"We know by the way, Charles told both of us what was going on with Lauren, even though I knew anyway but then he said about the boat with the both of you" Pierre continued "it's just unfortunate that this looks bad on the both of you." Carlos then hit him on the side of the arm, causing Pierre to make an 'ow' movement with his mouth, rubbing where the contact had happened.