Chapter 49

After Friday, Ferrari had partially sorted their cars and the steering was much better, but still not back to normal. Even though the car wasn't at its best, Carlos and Charles came out of Saturday with good starting grid positions for Sundays race, Charles being P2 behind Lewis and Carlos in P4, between Max and Pierre. Pierre had actually surprised everyone with P5 as it was a good position for Alpine to be in.

I woke up nervous for Charles on the Sunday as I knew how worried he was about the car, he had been pacing up and down the hotel room last night for almost an hour. I had to force him to sit down and chill in the end so that he would get some rest. It took a while until he actually laid down and he did eventually fall asleep on my chest after I'd been playing with his hair whilst he told me all the things he was worried about for an hour. So, in all, it took him about 2 hours to get everything off his chest before he finally went to sleep.

He was back at it again, walking up and down the room and I knew this wasn't good for him because drivers couldn't get into their cars and be worried about anything. They need their full concentration on the race and nothing else. If the car messes up, that't not on them and its easier said than done, especially coming from me as a person who doesn't race but he had to stop thinking about everything that could go wrong and focus on how to do things right.

"Charles," I said as I walked over to where he was now stood, looking out the window "you need to relax, you've got this."

"I know, but the cars steering still isn't right Lena. I don't even know how I managed P2 because I felt like the car wasn't going to turn the corners at some points."

"I know its worrying but even though you don't know how you managed it, you still did. Think about the positives, you got P2, you only need to overtake one person and then you just need to defend. Don't think, just drive." I tried giving my best pep talk, but I didn't know how effective it was as he was still staring out of the window with a blank expression.

"You know what," he began, turning to me with a bit of a smile on his face "you're right, I will just drive. I need to stop overthinking." He then placed a kiss on my head before continuing to speak, "Have I said before, you're like an angel. I don't deserve you."

"Don't be silly, I don't deserve you" I laughed.

"Nonsense, you deserve everything and more."

I was ready to argue back with that comment but he pulled me in for a kiss before I could even begin. He knew what he was doing and I wasn't complaining but I did need to get ready as I wasn't even dressed yet and we were going to be having to leave in just under an hour. Charles was going to have to go straight to Ferrari's motorhome, with Carlos, upon arrival so that was going to leave me and Isa being able to go get some food before the race, where the other girls were planning to join us . I knew that Kelly was going to come and I had already spoken to Lily but I hadn't gotten a reply from Heidi or Kika yet.

We arrived at the track and we were a tad bit late meaning Charles did have to rush off, but I think it was better having him rush around rather than him having time to think about things. Isa was standing waiting for me and I could see that Heidi was with her, meaning that she had got my message. I gave them both a small wave and they walked over to me, both engulfing me in a hug. It was as if they hadn't seen me in ages, even though I had seen Heidi in Canada and Isa yesterday.

"I am so sorry I didn't reply, I meant to reply and I completely forgot to" Heidi apologised quickly, with a pout on her face

"Don't worry about it," I laughed and I saw that she immediately felt better at my words. "I didn't take it to heart anyway."

"Kelly, Lily and Kika are waiting for us before they order their food, shall we go over now?" Isa asked, smiling as she always did. Isa was almost always happy, it was refreshing having a bubbly personality around in the morning.