Chapter 33

I was going to wait until everyone got back from the qualifying day until I left but I had a call from my maman and she told me that she'd buy me the ticket to go home now if I wanted. I didn't need her to pay for it but I did need my maman right now and going home would be a distraction as I could get on with work and hopefully ignore what was going on. Lily had offered to come with me when I told her I was planning on leaving this morning but I told her to enjoy the rest of the weekend with Lando and it took some convincing but she eventually agreed to stay here. I didn't want her to miss out because of issues with me.

I also told Lily to let the rest know that I had gone so I wasn't just going without saying my goodbyes to everyone else. Specifically, I told her to tell Daniel as it was his house we were staying in and I didn't want to be rude and not say thank you to him for letting me stay.

Last night I'd gone straight to bed after the conversation with Charles in the kitchen and I didn't wake up with him beside me, which I expected as he was too busy sulking because he clearly knew he was in the wrong. When I turned my phone on, I deleted all social media apps as I told myself I'd give myself a break from them until everything dies down a bit, which would probably take a while. That was when my maman called as she had clearly seen everything herself and wondered whether I was okay. I told her the actual situation as she promised she'd keep it between us and hearing her reassure me is what helped me decide that I would rather be home than here right now.

I packed my stuff and called a taxi so that I could make my way over to the airport and even though I told her not to my maman had booked me a ticket for the next flight out, putting me in first class so I got the privacy. It was quieter on the streets but I assumed that was because the races were probably underway right now so most people would be watching it at the track itself or in their homes. The taxi ride seemed to feel longer than ever as I realised we finally pulled up to the airport, which also seemed to look quiet, as far as I could see on the outside.

Nothing was interesting about the airport as it was the same old going through bag check in, going through security, getting onto the plane and having to wait for everyone else to board before it could even set off. Luckily for me, I was somewhat tired so managed to sleep for majority of the flight back to Monaco, making it feel shorter than the flight to Australia in the first place. I felt a little happier as the pilot announced that we were approaching the airport we were arriving at and we had to prepare for landing as all I wanted to do was get back to my house and go see my parents.

My plan was to get a taxi back to my house but when I got outside of the airport I had just arrived in, I noticed a familiar face. He must've been expecting me as he waved me over straight away and when I reached where he was stood he gave me a big hug as we'd not seen each other in quite a few years. The person was Emilio and he was a close childhood friend of mine, who had moved here from Seville with his family when we were both 16 but I didn't get to see much of him as he was always travelling, recently having travelled to California.

"Ma belle, Aléna" he said with a huge smile on his face as I pulled out of the hug and looked up at him. He was quite tall, which was why I had to look up a little.

Being from Seville, it meant he was Spanish and lucky for us we could understand each other when we spoke our home languages as French and Spanish had some crossovers every now and then. He was what you would expect every 'hot' Spaniard to look like, his skin the perfect tanned tone with black hair that was a little messy and had a bit of a poof to it with his eyes being a deep chocolate brown. Whenever I'd seen him in the past you would see girls wooing at him whenever we walked past them and I always wound him up about it because he never paid attention to the attention he received. However, when he wanted to, he could be a bit of a womaniser.