Chapter 37

Whatever mood Charles had been in clearly didn't disappear by being back home as he had been seen out by multiple photographers and in none of the photos did he have a smile on his face. They may have got him at bad times but it wasn't like him to be walking around looking miserable. I had these conversations with both Pierre and Daniel as I also told them everything I told Lily two days ago, making the both of them seem even more confused with his sudden drop in attitude.

As we sat around the small table outside the cafe and the sun had just disappeared behind the hills, the three of us continued the little conversation we were having as we drank our teas that we had just been given. The race was tomorrow meaning this was the last of the chill time they were going to be getting for the next three days and the fact they wanted to spend it with me did make me appreciative of having them as my friends. However, spending time with both of them did mean that I'd get teamed up on and unfortunately for me, this was one of those evenings.

"So, Alena." Daniel began.

"No I am no-" I started and immediately got cut off by Pierre telling me to let him finish before I could even get the rest of the sentence off.

"Realistically, you are going to be doing nothing tomorrow right?" He asked but he didn't let me answer as he already knew I wasn't doing anything as I had told him earlier on in the day "Why don't you just come to the race?"

I shook my head and both of them frowned at me, putting on puppy dog eyes, trying to get me to change my mind. I had my reasons for not going and I felt like I had every right to say no after the blow up online after my last appearance in the paddocks. The thing is the answer no didn't work against Daniel nor did it work against Pierre and they were already ready with an argument for why I should go.

"We want you there and he does too." Pierre said and I felt a frog in my throat as he mentioned Charles, even if he didn't say his name. "You need to come for all of us"

"He doesn't want me there Pierre, we haven't even spoken for just over a month now. Why would he want me there?"

"Because it's not just us seeing how he's losing form without you there. There's got to be something else to him not answering you." Daniel spoke up. "The others didn't know you made up but when we saw him in Emilia Romagna he told us two that you guys were fine and he was happy about it. Then his mood just dropped and you weren't mentioned again."

"Exactly, I wasn't mentioned. He is probably over it guys. Plus I already told Emilio that I'm staying home"

"Who's Emilio?" Pierre asked, slightly furrowing his eyebrows at the name he'd never heard of before.

"A close friend."

"Well can't you just tell him your coming and come. I know you are worried about the media but it will of died down, I promise. If it hasn't then Charles can sort it because it was his fake girlfriends wrongdoing in the first place." Pierre said, making excuses as to why I should go.

"And what if he doesn't sort it?"

"You think we won't make him sort it?" Daniel said, sounding a bit like a threat as he pointed between him and Pierre but still with a smile on his face. "Come on Alena, I'll pick you up with a paddock pass in the morning and then you can decide what garage to stand in once you get there."

Both of them looked at me with some sort of desperation in their faces and like I said when both of them was here I got teamed up on. I knew there was nothing else I could say to either of them to convince them that I was better off not going as they seemed to have an argument for whatever I was going to say. Originally, I wasn't going to give in to what they were suggesting but if they were right about Charles then out of the race weekends it made sense to go to one where I wouldn't have to travel across seas. That meant if they were wrong I could just go home.