Chapter 70

This felt like the longest I'd been in an airport for. Checking in took forever, getting through security took forever, waiting for the plane took forever. Everything seemed to be going so slow and the worst thing about it was I knew the plane journey wasn't going to be any quicker.

As I waited patiently for boarding to begin with the other passengers, I couldn't sit still. I had to keep standing up every now and then to have a little walk and if I was sat down I was twiddling my thumbs or tapping my feet. I felt sick because there'd not been an update on Charles anywhere. I just wanted to know he wasn't hurt.

"Hello?" I said answering my phone.

"Did you watch the race and have you seen-" Lily started before I cut her off.

"I'm on my way, is he alright? Are you with him?"

"I'm not but Lando is and I believe Pierre and Daniel are too, maybe Carlos and Charlene. I don't know how he is at the moment but are you okay?" She asked, clearly hearing the worry in my voice.

"I'm fine," I lied, "I'll see you there Lily."

I didn't want to be so abrupt with her but I also didn't want to tell her how much I was worrying. Also who was Charlene, I'd never heard of that name before but I guessed it was one of his friends if she was there after that incident.

Boarding came round quickly, however taking off felt so far away meaning getting to Singapore felt even further away. I was getting more and more impatient, more and more worried. Whilst I could, I refreshed all social media on my phone to see if any updates on Charles would come through. Absolutely nothing.

...

It took almost 15 hours for me to reach the end of my flight. That was 15 hours of hell for me. I wanted to be there with him making sure he was okay yet because I'd been all the way in Barcelona, it took me almost a day to get to the country he was in.

Once I stepped out the plane I felt relieved in a way because I knew that all I had to do now was get to whatever hospital he was in. As I turned my internet back on, I noticed I'd received multiple messages, the one standing out being Lily's.

Daniel and Pierre insisted they'd pick you up after I let them know you were on your way. They should be there as you land, I'll see you when you're here and I hope you're feeling okay xx

My plan was going to be getting a taxi but Daniel and Pierre being that 'taxi' made it much easier. Hopefully they would also be able to fill me in with what happened in a little more detail because all I'd seen was the video and social media posts so far.

After I exited baggage claim, I had a sudden sense of deja vu. The deja vu wasn't because of the airport because I'd never been to Singapore before but it was because so many people started to recognise me.

I was approached by multiple people and some were asking about the Dior advert however others were asking about Charles. I had no idea why there weren't some form of security here because it was so crowded and the people had no sense of personal space whatsoever.

As I got out of the airport altogether, I saw Daniela and Pierre straight away as they were being hounded just as much as me. Honestly, the paparazzi were probably here because Daniel and Pierre were but unfortunately I was just caught up in that.

Daniel opened the back door for me and took my belongings to put in the boot of the car, before getting in himself.

"It's a nightmare there," Daniel said to me and Pierre as he began driving.

"There was security there when we all arrived on Wednesday," Pierre added.

"Well I'm sorry you guys had to come and get me," I apologised. "I was going to get a taxi, you didn't have to"