Chapter 62

*Charles POV*

She'd just left me on read. She'd not replied or even liked the message.

How she'd cried when leaving, how she'd said the words 'I don't love you' so easily. I couldn't think about anything but her and it was sending me crazy. I hated how she cried. I hated myself for making her cry.

There was nothing I wanted to do except go out and have something to drink to numb whatever I was feeling right now. My heart ached and I didn't want to sit in my house and feel all these emotions, I just wanted to get out.

I drove down to the bar myself but had my car taken back to my house because it was obvious that with my plans to drink, I wouldn't be able to take it back myself. As soon as I was through the doors of that club, people came up to me as I expected, so I quickly made my way to the VIP section as I didn't want to be hounded all night. I loved my fans but tonight I needed time to myself.

I ordered myself multiple drinks so I didn't need to keep asking for more and sat in the corner of the section I was in, where me and Alena had both sat together once on one of our nights out. There again, she was back in my head and I couldn't do anything about it.

I got rid of the first drink as quick as I could so that I could move onto my next. I just wanted to drink the sad feeling away.

"You don't look very happy," A soft voice said, pointing out the obvious. "I know I'm a stranger but is everything okay?"

Looking up, I saw a girl stood in front of me, who looked very similar to Alena but with lighter brown hair and eyes that weren't as dark brown. She looked like she was genuinely concerned but she also looked drunk and right now I wasn't in the mood for speaking with drunk girls.

"I'm fine, please leave," I said, trying to be as polite as possible to the girl who had now sat beside me.

"You don't look very fine," She said, clearly not listening to the fact I'd told her to leave.

"Well, I'm not going to tell my business to a stranger, sorry."

"If it helps, I'm not very happy either. I just broke up with my boyfriend and came here to drink the feelings away but I got ushered in this section for some reason and yeah..."

It was weird because even though I'd told her to leave and refused to tell her anything about me, she'd told me about her and it was such a similar situation to mine. Due to the similarities, it actually made me feel bad for her and I didn't have the urge to get up and walk away.

"So, what's your name?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink after speaking.

"My name's Charlene, yours?" She questioned.

"Charles."

"Very similar names," she laughed a little, clearly trying to lift not just mine but her spirit too. "Charlene, Charles."

She was definitely taking my mind off of things and I know it wasn't right, but I wanted to continue speaking to her to distract myself even more. I say it wasn't right but I assumed she was probably doing the same as well.

"Well, Charlene. Would you like to drink with me?" I asked whilst looking up at her eyes, which were staring straight back at me.

"I won't say no to that offer, it would be against my instincts..."

"Instincts?"

"When an attractive man offers to have a drink with you, don't say no," She laughed a little again, this time trying to not make what she said sound weird. It wasn't, I admired that confidence and it actually made me laugh a little too.

We sat and drank multiple drinks together through the night and I don't really know when it was that we both passed the line of soberness and entered the drunk phase. It was like one minute everything was totally clear and the next everything was blurry.

That's when I saw her. Alena was right next to me in the club. Maybe everything that had happened before had been one big nightmare because it was obviously her, however, I don't remember her having highlights.

"Care to dance?" I asked my girlfriend, who nodded her head straight away as I took her hand in mine, leading her out of the VIP section to the dance floor.

She was so beautiful, everything about her. Her hair, her eyes, her face, her lips. I was sure she wasn't here earlier but now she was it meant I could admire her and her beauty. I had never known a girl who glowed as much as she did. An angel.

"I've never wanted to kiss you more than I do right now," I whispered into her ear, making sure I was loud enough so that she could hear me over the loud music.

"Kiss me then Charles."

Our lips came together as we stood in the middle of the dance floor. Her hands moved up my back as they usually did and I held her waist, pulling her closer as the kiss got more intimate. With the way this kiss was going, we didn't need to be standing in the middle of this club. In fact we didn't need to be here at all, there was only one place I wanted her.

"Shall we take this back home?" I asked.

"Definitely," She smiled.

We got a taxi back to my house and as soon as we were out of the car and through the front doors of my house, she already had my top off. I'd known her to be eager before but she wasn't even bothered about getting upstairs to the bedroom. In fact, I'm sure if I was going to allow it, we'd have been alright on the kitchen counter.

Once we got to the bedroom, I think we'd both left a trail of clothes behind us as we were now left in nothing but our underwear. Her hands trailed from my shoulders all the way down to the waist band of my boxers, before she slowly slipped them underneath it, not hesitating to grab what was underneath.

You can imagine what that action from her led us to. It wasn't long before we were both laid, completely out of breath, under the sheets. Neither of us were sober yet as I could see the ceiling above me spinning slightly. It wasn't until I fell asleep that it stopped.

Waking up wasn't as delightful as falling asleep. I turned to the side and there she was, that girl from last night.

I don't know how I'd ended up here but in my bed lay Charlene. Not Alena.

***
Writers note
If you thought it couldn't get any worse for Alena and Charles, here you go (,:

With Alena and Charles being broken up anyway, is this bad from Charles?

Anyways enjoy reading <3

~Mel x