Chapter 61

One thing I could normally say about myself, with confidence, is I'm fairly good at keeping myself calm. However, as I continued to walk down the streets of Barcelona, thinking about the message Charles sent me, I could feel myself getting more angry at how ridiculous he sounded. How could he say cheating wasn't 'as bad as it sounds'.

I knew it was getting to me more than I wanted it to so what I needed was a distraction. I didn't know Barcelona well but Emilio did and if I know my best friend as well as I think I do then he will know every bar that's worth hitting tonight. Maybe it was time for me to stop being so put together. Maybe I needed to let my hair down a little.

"We're going out and you're taking me out", I said, pointing to Emilio as I walked through the door I'd not long ago walked out of.

"I am?" He questioned.

I gave him a look that made it clear that what I'd said was far from an option. He knew the look, he had seen it plenty of times before.

"I am taking you out, yes. My bad," he corrected himself.

"I'll be ready in ten," I said, running up the stairs to quickly find an outfit to change into.

It wasn't long before I found a tight black dress to slip on. It wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the easiest find and I'd given myself ten minutes to get ready. I didn't put loads of makeup on because I didn't really care about it right now, all I wanted to do was get out as soon as possible so I could get a drink. Not just a drink, a few drinks at the least.

I styled my hair so that it was out of my face before I heard Emilio shouting me, telling me that my ten minutes were up. How I'd managed to get ready in that time, I don't know, but clearly when I put my mind to it I could do anything.

What I didn't know was how close the clubs actually were to Emilio's house. Instead of walking the way I had done earlier, if you walked the opposite way you actually reached the nightlife in about ten minutes. To say how quiet it was near Emilio's, I would've never guessed everything was in walking distance.

"Where to first?" He asked me.

"Anywhere with loud music?"

He didn't have to think twice before he led me in the direction of a building that looked dark on the outside. As we walked through the doors, you actually went down stairs before you reached a room that was mirrored on the ceiling, with lights flickering all around it. Also, loud music. Really loud music. Apart from a drink, this was exactly what I needed.

"I'll go get us a drink," Emilio said, "find you in five minutes."

With that, he walked away, leaving me to go further into the room by myself. Pushing past people who were dancing all over each other, I soon made it to a booth right next to the dance floor but unfortunately it wasn't empty as a group of men, who didn't look much older than me, sat at it.

"Hola hermosa," One of the men said as he noticed me looking over at them. Clearly they were Spanish as the words had rolled off his tongue effortlessly. "Eres español?"

"I'm Monegasque, English?" I said, understanding that he had asked me if I speak spanish.

"Ohh, I can speak very little English but no French."

"Not French. Monegasque."

"Sorry, Monegasque Hermosa," He apologised, laughing a little at how I had corrected him. His laugh was kind of cute but that wasn't the point.

"Okay, well bye..." I said as I started to walk away from the stranger.

"No no, wait please," He said.

I did turn around as he said this, intrigued as to why he wanted me to wait. What I didn't expect was he was now standing up in front of me and I know he was a random person I'd just met but he was gorgeous. As I looked up at him, I felt my knees go weak as he smiled at the fact I'd actually waited.

"It would be a crime if I didn't buy you a drink when you are so beautiful," He said, not giving me any time to reply after as he grabbed my hand, gently pulling me through people, in the direction of the bar.

"It's honestly fine, you don't have to..."

"Luis"

What a nice name...

"Yes Luis, it's fine. My friend's meant to be getting me a drink," I told him, looking around for Emilio as I said this. "Look he's there," I pointed for Luis.

"You mean the one all over that girl? It doesn't look like he's getting you a drink, Hermosa."

He wasn't wrong. As I've said before, Emilio was a ladies man and in times like this he sometimes couldn't help himself. He didn't always like the attention but he didn't always hate it.

"Okay fine, but only one drink," I told the Spaniard. A smile appeared on his face as he turned to the bar to order from the waiter who had been patiently waiting.

I didn't normally let total strangers from another country buy me a drink but this was a one off because I needed a drink and my best friend had clearly got distracted. Also, Luis didn't seem like the worst stranger I'd ever met.

"Drink for the pretty lady?" Luis said, handing me my drink straight that he had got straight off the waiter.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"De nada"

***
Writers note
Sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out <3

I wonder what Charles is up to...

~ Mel x