✨ Prologue ✨

(Nalini)

"What do you want?" I exclaimed in surprise as I was pushed against the wall. My bare waist touched the cold surface, I felt shivers running through me as his face hovered over mine. His arms caged me in. I could feel my blood rushing in my veins. I heard my own heartbeat in my ears.

"I don't know what I want, but I definitely don't want you in my life." He hissed. "How dare you tell my father that I have began to like you? And how can he believe it? Such a joke." He stared at me and I tucked on my lower lip. Despite his words, the closeness made the blush creep up my neck to my face.

"I had no choice. And don't worry, I don't give a fuck if you like me or not. It's my duty to keep my promise made by my father to yours. I will, even if I have to keep living with such a sadistic soul." I tried to push him away but I failed.

He grasped my arm and pushed himself against me, blocking me from leaving. "You have many bad habits Nalini, one of them being carelessly spouting out nonsense. I will make sure I fucking correct every habit of yours." His eyes shuffling between my eyes and my lips.

"And remember, I don't want you so you are just a plaything, don't come at me for treating you so. I offered you to leave, you didn't. You can back off whenever you want but until then, I'd keep giving you reasons to hate me." He muttered and I licked my lips. Amusement rose inside me sufficing the anger that was boiling.

"You sure you don't want me, because those eyes that linger on my lips way too often say something else Kabir. Aren't you a diplomat yourself?" I breathed in and gave him a forceful push. I started walking towards the door of my room, as I fixed my Saree.

I paused and looked over my shoulder. "A plaything you say? That's my kink in bed if you wanna try." I raised a brow, giving him a nod as I exited the room. My heart thundered in my chest and I smiled at my victory.

Just as I thought I won I realised something. My blouse's strings rendered loose and I placed a hand on my chest. I looked back and I saw him at the door smiling as he shut the door. "Good night sky."