7) NALINI~ The First Trip

I heard a knock on the door. I peaked outside the blanket and I saw Abhishek beside Kabir. Kabir completely ignored my presence and walked towards the closet. Abhishek walked towards me and sat on the edge of the bed while I just smiled lightly at him.
"You down?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Where are my chocolates?" I asked him in a low voice, not wanting Kabir to hear. I have been dreading for him to return so that I could get my chocolates from him.

"What chocolates?" He frowned and I felt rage rising inside me. Probably hormones but I felt like I wanted to smack the shit out of him.
"I fucking texted you with a UPI transfer!" I gritted my teeth, raising myself up just slightly on my elbows before I sat up straight. My back ached but I ignored it.

"What the hell Bhabhi? I understand mood swings, but you're having memory issues. I swear. Let me show you my phone." He scoffed as he pulled his phone out. He passed it to me and I stared at the screen. He hadn't received my text. Before I knew panic creeped inside me. Who did I text?

I searched for my phone as furiously started scrolling through it. I opened the message app and found Kabir's contact on top. I saw the three damned words. "BRING ME CHOCOLATES." I slapped my hand against my mouth.

"I texted.. Kabir." I gasped in utter speechlessness. Horror filled my head. I was sleepy, coincidentally I must have texted him, because he was the only one I texted from this app so often. I'd rather text him than have a conversation with him.

"So?" Abhishek smiled. No, he grinned at me and I felt agitated to my bones. I glared at him. "You won't understand, get out of my room right now!" I exclaimed and that was when Kabir stepped out of the closet. He eyed me before his eyes shifted to Abhishek.

"Didn't you hear her? Get out of our room." I bit my lip holding back my smirk. Abhishek's eyes shuffled between us as he made a 'What the hell' face.
"You've already teamed up? Also you even know why she is furious. It's so silly Bhayi, you'd be surprised. Bhabhi is scary." He scoffed as he stood up.

"So ungrateful." He humphed and I frowned. "You deserve this for throwing that toothy smile of yours when I am in crisis you.." I shut my mouth when I felt Kabir's stare right on me. My expressions were already running wild. I gulped as I held back anymore words. Kabir's eyes returned to the tall jerk who just rolled his eyes and left.

I turned my eyes back to Kabir and he sighed. I noticed how he rolled up his sleeves exposing those forearms and hands. My heart skipped a beat thinking of touching them. I gulped as I averted my eyes knowing damn well how awkward it was. I couldn't stop thinking of my text I sent him and those damned 5000 INR, which were nothing for him but a humiliation.

"What was that about?" He asked tilting his head gently. I thought of so many excuses and the only thing that came to my mind was-
"He is annoying and Hormones, you know?" I laughed gently at the end. I had just lost my cool, and that wasn't cool at all.

"Hmm. Well did you text me something? I just saw the notification before, was it important?" He frowned gently and I panicked even more. "Let me check." He muttered under his breath as he pulled his phone out. His expressing was of so much curiosity.

"UPI?" He frowned and before I knew, my body reacted. I plunged out of the bed, straight towards him. I reached for his phone. "No! It's useless." I yelled as I tried to grab the phone, completely forgetting my limits, my pain, my mask. He put the phone higher in the air and I tried harder.
"No Kabir Please!" I said and he smiled tilting his head up trying to read.

I saw that smile for the first time after so long. That full smile as he raised the phone higher, out of my reach. I clung onto him still trying as I cried internally. "Bring me.." he muttered and I yelped.
"NO! Please!" I whined like a kid and he chuckled.