15) NALINI~ A Pact

"Good  morning." I heard a familiar old voice. I turned on my heel. I saw my father-in-law, the king in his embroider kurta. I didn't greet back, I didn't wish to. I pursed my lips as I stared at him.

"So you are back?" He asked and I wanted him to get to the point.
"Don't worry, you are still not winning this bet." I said, completely blocking any form of warmth I used to feel before. He betrayed me a big time. I needed an explanation but I'd never ask for it.

"Come on kid." He mused and I crossed my arms across my chest. "Two things I have to say. One, I am sorry. Second, you misunderstood the whole thing. I made that bet just to convince Kabir for this marriage and even if it's a bet. I am sure I'd win, because my bet was on you Nalini, not on the marriage." He said as he stood a couple steps backs from me reciprocating my stare.

"Really dad?" I asked and he smiled. "I never lied to you. I never said this wasn't a bet, it was something that was supposed to stay between me and Kabir. Now you know the whole truth, even something Kabir doesn't." He added and I nodded my head gently.

"Thankyou and I forgive you for it your highness." I said and he chuckled. "I bet I would be made fun of, if this leaks in the media. Me apologising and you daring to say that you've forgiven me." He mused and I smiled.

"But one question before you leave for work. Who convinced you to come back?" He had a knowing look on his face and I knew exactly where this was going. Bet Kabir? You lose. I smirked internally.

"Kabir did." I said. "I didn't want to get back to be honest, he got on his knees because everyone was probably feeding him some brain by ignoring him. That's what he told me. I did apologise on my part and that's all." I nodded my head

"Is that everything and the truth?" He asked and I tilted my head.
"I'd make you win this bet dad, because you bet on me. I am pretty sure you are already succeeding because he did tell me there is hope. Also to verify the truth why don't you ask him the same thing, using the exact same vocabulary I did. Also ask him if he likes me, I am sure he does." I smiled wide and left with a grove in my walk.

I was sure that this would get me nothing but the annoyed expression on Kabir's face. God I was dreading to see him, he wasn't there when I woke up, not even at the breakfast table. I pulled out my phone as I entered my room. I bit my lower lip feeling an urge to call him but why? What would he say? What if he doesn't answer?

I hesitated but despite that I pressed the call button. I bit my lip as I put the phone against my ear. The phone was answer on the very first ring. "What?" I heard his familiar cold voice.
"Um.." I pursed my lip. What did I want to talk about? Nothing at all.
"Where are you?" I asked biting the bottom lip harder. I was so fucking nervous for the damned answer.
"I had a meeting to attend, it's a four hour drive, so I left a bit early." He replied calmly. I nodded my head. "Oh, okay. I just.. didn't see you?" It sounded more like a shocking statement to my own self. Why would I want to see him?

"You would see me soon, and when you do Mrs.Shekhawat; You have a lesson awaiting you. A rough one." I swallowed down the tingles and the roughness I was imagining. I knew exactly what lesson I had to learn. About last night, I didn't remember a thing except clinging onto him in the middle of the night and him kissing me in front of my ex? That was it right?
"Um, okay I guess? whatever bye I gotta leave for work! Don't come back." I ended the call as I screamed in horror. What was this? Why was this so fucking awkward and making me blush?

"I am done!" I yelped throwing my phone on the bed. "This is it. I have lost all the self respect now! It's fucking done!" I yelled again as I searched for my purse in my not so packed suitcase. I didn't know if I was flustered or frustrated. I wasn't sure because it felt as if both emotions were the same to me. And it was all because of him.
.
.
.
.
.
"Nalini!" I heard Kabir's voice roaring from father's study and I ignored it as I walked away from the door. I knew as soon he got back, dad called for him. I heard him mention Kabir getting on his knees for me. I tucked my lips inside holding a smile but damn, the excitement of Kabir's annoyed expressions excited everything inside me.