30) KABIR~ Making Up with a Kiss

I ran after Nalini but she shut the door on my face. I thought I'd be happy to see her when I got back home but something about her was off since I first saw her putting the dishes in the dishwasher. She need not do any chore when servants were present.

When she looked at me, I didn't see through her eyes at all. She was not looking at me in my eyes. She avoided them, and that's when I knew something was off. I didn't even get the chance to tell her how beautiful she looked in her red saree. I was in awe of everything, so overwhelmed with my emotions that I didn't know what to react to anymore.

I knocked on the door. "Nalini, open the door please. Let's talk." I said. I heard nothing for a few second s before she finally replied.
"Please leave me alone Kabir. I mean it. I need some space." I felt her broken voice. I wished I could break the door and pull her in my arms but I wanted to really give her space. I didn't want her to think she had no time by herself.
.
.
.
.
I looked at Nalini as she stepped out from the shower in her kurta and jeans. Her hair were wet. She passed by me and I held her wrist. She had been ignoring me since the morning. She hadn't looked up at me. She stopped in her steps.
"Can you do the tie for me? I have an important meeting today." I asked. She nodded gently.

She turned around and I passed her the tie. Her fingers brushed my neck as she lifted the collar of my shirt. I saw her eyes fluttering as she struggled to put the tie above my head. She looked up and I leaned my head down. My eyes scanning the tiny details of her face.
"Pull back." She said. Finally I got a word out of her.

I did and she started making my tie. "Nalini." I called her name. She didn't respond.
"Sky." I called her again this time I felt my chest twisting because I could clearly read her sad expression. She stopped for a second and then continued tying. Her movements fast.

"Love." I said. My heart pounded with embarrassment and blush that crept my neck. She finally looked up at me. Her eyes were wide and she frowned gently. It was as if she was even angrier.
"Do it yourself." She gave me a gentle push before she left.
I sighed as I rubbed the back the of my neck. This can't be happening. I didn't just do it. Why the hell did I had to call her LOVE of everything else? WHY? I smiled and held it back at the same time.

After I had dressed up, I walked to the dining area. I didn't find her there so I looked inside the kitchen, I found her serving herself some food. I frowned. I knew for sure the chef didn't make it. I looked at the servants who stood silently on one end waiting for her to leave and she did, pretending I didn't exist.

My eyes followed her until she disappeared upstairs. "Did Nalini make her own food?" I asked. They exchanged a hesitant look before one of them stepped forward.
"Sir, actually it was last night's food. She cooked a meal last night, for everyone and you. But she didn't eat anything because she was still waiting for you when we left. She had asked us to leave." And that was it.

Everything was clear as a day. I knew exactly why Nalini's eyes held the sadness they did. I knew exactly why she was wearing that saree. I knew exactly why she had been hurt. I felt like a jerk now. If only I could justify the whole truth. If only I knew she was waiting for me. If only I had read her texts. If only my phone hadn't died. If only I hadn't asked her if she was waiting for me. If only I hadn't been stupid enough to not read through her.

I sighed. "I will have the leftovers." I muttered to them and left the kitchen.
.
.
.
.
.
It had been three days and I hadn't got a word out of her. She was distant like when we first argued. She slept in the same bed as me but it was like she slept in a whole different apartment. She was there around me but it was as If I didn't exist.

No matter how much I tried to get a hold, it was getting frustrating. For three whole days, I have been trying to talk to her. To ask her directly and she just avoided it. Her ignoring me was getting so much to me. The feeling was so overwhelming, because I knew what I wanted, it was her. My sky. I had been calling her love and everytime I did, she glared at me. Other than that, she hadn't spared me a glance. I wanted to tell her how badly I wanted to apologise but she needed to give me a damned chance.