43) NALINI~ The Beginning of Forever

I smiled at Akshita as she complained about how tired and frustrated she was after a long day. I leaned against the doorframe, watching her remove her jewellery. I walked towards her, helping her. I didn't say a thing and let her rant. She was going to miss this time in a few years. I knew that.

"Akshita." I voiced. She went silent. "Calm down." I told her and made her sit on the bed, undoing her pins. There was no one to help me undo the mess of the makeup, and jewellery on my wedding. I felt so empathetic towards Akshita. But it wasn't her, that kept me there beside her. It was Kabir. I wasn't even sorry that on my sister's special day, I was thinking of my husband.

She sighed. "I am nervous Nalini. I am not a kid, I know what can happen and what is to happen tonight. It's my first night with Abhishek as his wife and I can't digest it. My heart is jumping inside my chest. I can't understand why am I so.."

"You're going to do nothing, and just sleep. I bet he is as tired as you. And even if he is not, I don't think a man will want to fuck an exhausted woman who is on the brink of passing out from sleep. Calm down." I told her and she clicked her tongue.

"I am fine with him fucking me. I don't want us to talk. I'd seriously rather do the deed than, let him engage me in an awkward and... and um... leave it. You should go. I need some time alone to mentally prepare myself." She looked very nervous for her usual self. I sighed. She was right, for Akshita, having sex would be a lot easier than being emotional.

"Don't spout nonsense like this when your HUSBAND returns." I said. I was trying to kill time, to let Kabir buy some time so that he wouldn't be late. So that he would be there, waiting for me. I wanted him to make use of his chance. I kissed her forehead gently before I decided to leave. "Don't worry Akshita, you chose this."
.
.
.
.
I stood outside the door, with a beating heart. Oh I wished Kabir was there. I wished he was waiting for me. I opened the door slowly and walked inside. There was not a single movement inside the room. I saw nothing. It wasn't anything special. It was just our room but the existing tension was rising to its zenith.

I felt my heart pick up the pace as soon as I stepped inside the room, shutting the door behind. There I saw Kabir stepping out of the closet, still in his sherwani. His hair a little wet. He looked handsome. Not just beautifully handsome, but a manly handsome. But a princely handsome. But a sexy handsome. A kind of handsome with an intensely mesmerising energy. I could stare at him for a long long time and it wouldn't be enough.

I felt his stare dancing between my lips, to my eyes to my waist. I parted my lips gently as I undid the safety pin on my shoulder. The dupatta came off with it. I slid it off of me and walked towards him as I threw it on the bed. "Your chance begins Mr. Shekhawat."

"I know Sky." He said as he eyed my face that was inching closer to his.

"I love you Nalini." He said and that didn't take me by surprise. I smiled, and I smiled wide. I felt the flutter rising from the pit of my stomach. I felt the itch to kiss him rise from my chest but I held back.
"I know." I said, biting my lip.

He scoffed. "That's not what you should be saying." He frowned, almost childish.

"What did you expect Kabir? To cry? I have cried enough for you. It's time for us to be happy. It's time for me to smile, to blush when I hear those words from your mouth." I put my arms around his neck as his hands came across my waist. He pulled me in closer, our chests clashing tightly together.

"You aren't blushing at all." He said. "What do I need to do to get you all worked up? To get you all flustered up? Hm?" He stared at me, plainly. His face was stoic but his eyes gleamed with happiness.

"We can always start with a proper confession. An I love you is too plain from you. You already said that last night. I heard it Kabir. And that was when I was crying silently, that was when I was holding myself back from screaming and hugging you. I was holding myself from pulling you in and peppering your face with kisses from the glee that I felt." I added and I noticed his face paling from the surprise that washed over him.