two

met gala, may 2019
ivory

i'm quiet in the car. i'm not mad at bella, cause her driver really is grumpy and he normally just leaves us, if we're not fast enough. he's one of bella's dads best friends though, so he won't be fired anytime soon. michael's also the boss of bella's team, and he honestly has more power than he should.

"babe what's going through your mind? you know i really am sorry..." bella slowly tries to start conversation. i get that we have to leave, i think i'm just overthinking everything with harry now.

"i don't know, i just embarrassed myself in front of the first guy i actually felt something for." i sigh.

"ivy, look at me. you did not embarrass yourself at all. i'm serious, not at all. harry literally came over to talk to you too, you just need to find him at the after party, okay??" she looks away for a second "hey, and i'm so sorry for joining in on your conversation, i know i was too much, and you were embarrassed... i just get so excited, i'm sorry."

i lean into her side "it's okay bels, and you're probably right, i wish we had met in another way though. idk what to talk to him about."

the car stops, signaling that we're there "how about we both just go in there and relax a bit, and then we'll let harry come get you. he'll know what to do." bella says as she opens her door.

this made me a little happier. i don't feel the need to drink much, and just relaxing with bella, is my favorite thing to do.

i smile at bella and then turn to my door "bye michael. say hi to mohamed for me." and with that bella rushes over to my side and we walk away. hand in hand.

there's so much space inside. we walk past all the people that are dancing around each other, as the music gets louder and louder. over in the left corner hangs a big chandelier over a bunch of booths and sofas. we find our way into one of the booths.

"you want a soda or something?" bella shouts over the music.

"no i'm good." i say, still not feeling super confident.

bella tells me that she'll be right back and walks towards the bar.

i let my eyes scan the crowd for a bit. everyone's outfits are way more colorful here than at the met. i'm wearing a very open, red dress. i love the material, and it's really comfortable, i'm just insecure after overthinking everything with harry.

to be honest i don't have a reason to overthink this

to be honest i don't have a reason to overthink this. he's probably already found someone else to talk to, and i don't even want to date anyone.

i spot harry up by the dj, whispering something in his ear. i feel a little sad, cause i wanna talk to him. i really do want to get to know him.

i take in his outfit, and begin to laugh a bit. he's wearing some very high waisted pants and a very large butterfly. the butterfly is red, matches my dress perfectly.