twenty four

june 2021
tw: (physical) abuse
ivory (25 weeks pregnant)

the last few weeks have been full of progress. harry and i met over a year ago, which of course we celebrated in may. things are starting to settle down, and i'm happier than ever.

harry and i set up everything for the baby. we've got their bedroom and a playroom set up.

while we were at it, we've painted a few walls in the house and i'm in love with it

"baby, we need to go." i shout after harry. we're gonna stay a night at wilma's, since i haven't seen her for over a month.

harry rushes down the stairs, with all our bags in his hands. he gives me a fun smile and i lean my head to the side.

"i'm sorry, baby. let me take some bags." i walk forward towards him.

"i've got it. you go open the boot for me, sunflower." harry speaks before he leans in to kiss me.

we get into the car and drive towards wilma's place.

i walk hand in hand with harry until we're outside her place and harry moves to knock.

he stops himself.

"tell me. tell me right now, wilma." my dad shouts.

i freeze.

"harry. oh my god, oh my god." i panic.

harry drops the bags to the ground and holds me tight. "baby, breath. relax you're okay. i'll go stop this."

"i'm not letting her be with that guy. wilma you're gonna help me." he shouts.

a loud bang is the reason i let out the breath i'd been holding.

"no harry, no. he doesn't get to speak to you. i'll go in there."

i freak out. "god. he's insane." i shout a whisper.

"baby, look at me. i'm not letting you in there, at least not on your own."

i realize, i haven't heard wilma say anything yet, so i storm towards the door and step inside. harry right behind me.

first thing i see is wilma on the floor. "oh my go-" i look over at my dad, but quickly back to wilma.

"wilms. baby, hey." i crouch down next to her.

harry comes over and lifts her up, so he holds her. wilma's cheek is already colored a dark red and her eyes are closed.

my heart is breaking.

"ivory. get up." my dad shouts.

i look over at wilma's couch, where my mum is sat. she's silent. she's sat looking at the wall in the opposite direction.