epilogue I

a year and a half later
november 2023
ivory

"strip?" i ask harry.

he lets out a chuckle and nods. "yeah, it'll be fun, baby."

with a laugh i put my make up stuff away and stand up. "okay, i'm ready."

we walk downstairs hand in hand and when meadow sees us she jumps up from wilmas hold.

"mumma, mumma, mumma!"

i smile at my gorgeous ray of sunshine. "meadow, meadow, meadow."

"mumma, wiley didn't cry when i held her." my pretty girl beams.

i fake a gasp. "no way? you're such a good big sister, aren't you?"

"yes i am, mummy." meadows hands fly up in the air and then around my neck. "mumma, i want to kiss."

"a kiss?" i act like that's the most insane thing i've ever heard.

she throws her head back in a laugh. "yes, mumma. don't be silly."

meadow never fails at making me laugh. i pucker my lips and let her lean in to kiss them.

meadow stays in my arms. i think she knows, harry and i are leaving her soon, so she's trying to suck up all the love she can get.

"baby, why don't you tell daddy to come over, so we can kiss all over his face." i whisper in her ear.

meadows face lights up and she calls harry over. "daddy! daddy, come here."

"what's up, pretty girl?"

meadow has so many of harry's features and seeing them together is probably the best thing i could ever wish for.

meadow signals for harry to come even closer with her pointer finger and as soon as he does i shout for meadow to go

we both press our lips against his face, until harry lays down in surrender.

"okay baby m, go say bye bye to daddy and then you can go watch a movie with wiley and wilma, okay?"

"no!" meadow whines as i try letting her out of my hold. "mumma stay!"

meadow grabs my hair and holds onto it tightly.

"woah, woah, meadow girl. mumma and i will be home again tomorrow morning and you can bake banana bread with mumma." harry tries getting meadow relaxed.

she's a bit tired and her parents are leaving her, so this is probably a little much for our precious girl.

the banana bread seems to have worked, cause meadow lets go of my hair and walks slowly towards harry.

"bye bye daddy..." she speaks, but looks down.

"daddy loves you so much and he'll even help with your banana bread."